Help finding a new Mechanical Keyboard

Spaceninja

2[H]4U
Right now I am using a Razer Pro Type keyboard and although she has served me well over the years it is time to replace.

What I am looking for. Mechanical keyboard with either red or blue switches, no lights and a standard layout, no funky enter key, numpad is a must as I work in Excel quite a bit.

I liked the price of the ones on monoprice, but the enter key and backslash not being standard kinda killed that one for me.

I'm not gaming much, I mainly do lots of typing and spreadsheet work.

WASD has different switches to choose and are standard layouts and no lights.

I like corsair k70 if I were to upgrade at this time. The keys are not clicky, noisy and still feel solid to the touch. It's also on sale on newegg for $90.

I'm having a hard time finding a place that has all of the different Cherry MX switches on display. I would love to compare in person.

I grabbed a g710+ a few months ago and am pretty happy with it. A little quieter than the reds and blues I have tried, but still clicky enough for my liking. Much better than the mushy g15 I had previously. I wanted backlighting, and that's better on the 710+ as well. Brighter and more uniform.

It uses MX browns. I believe there are orings that can be removed if you want more click, but I don't feel the need. Enter key is rectangular, which might kill the deal for you.

Another thing that's a little odd is the font. The ampersand is sort of funky looking. And on the number row, the second function (when shift is pressed) is located below the numbers, rather than above. Which is slightly abnormal. Actually, all the second function keys are reverse-ordered. Got used to that quickly too.

BestBuy has a few on display you can play with, if you don't have a microcenter nearby.

Aren't there brown and blue versions of the G710? I've been thinking about getting one. I'll also be leaving from my old G15 XD. Brown have less resistance than blue, don't they?

Browns are a little bit lighter. I'm not sure if multiple options were sold in that variant. Mine has brown installed.

I have several Ducky keyboards and they are amazing. I actually have two that I am going to be listing for sale. One was never used.

MX Clear's are the way to go. Limited as far as keyboard selection, but the switches are the best compromise for typing and gaming.

I'm looking at getting the ROCCAT Ryos MK Glow with Cherry MX Black switches. Anyone have any experience with them?

Back