help finding a 2.1/3.1 TV Home Theater setup for $300

WarriorX

2[H]4U
Looking at options on what to get for a 2.1/3.1 home theater setup with a budget of $300. Problem I am having is trying to find a receiver(I assume I need one) that would fit in my budget and leave enough for speakers and a sub woofer.

5.1 isn't an option due to space not being available for the rear speakers.

TV is 1080p (with possible 4k upgrade in the near future). Devices used include comcast dvr, FireTV stick and blu ray/dvd player.

I am pretty much a noob when it comes to audio equipment so any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Second hand maybe?

I got this used Pioneer 7.1 AVR and JBL speakers for $40 recently. I hooked up a center speaker I had sitting around so it's 3 channel right now.
This is in the garage.
IMG_2412.JPG

Maybe get a 2.1 Klipsch setup for $100 and just hook it to the TV's audio jack if it has variable audio out.

Second hand maybe?

I got this used Pioneer 7.1 AVR and JBL speakers for $40 recently. I hooked up a center speaker I had sitting around so it's 3 channel right now.
This is in the garage.
View attachment 122102

Maybe get a 2.1 Klipsch setup for $100 and just hook it to the TV's audio jack if it has variable audio out.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to look at the TV to see what ports are available, should have taken a picture so I wouldn't forget.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to look at the TV to see what ports are available, should have taken a picture so I wouldn't forget.
I was using the headphone jack on my TV with some Bose computer speakers for awhile.
IMG_1819.JPG

$300 is tight for receiver + speakers, but doable

Several Sony STR DE 5.1 discontinued models on amazon right now <$100. A few various other brands also available. They won’t have a lot of bells and whistles but they will have more than enough power to drive speakers for a modest room and have the decoding you need and allow for expandability later on.

That leaves about $100 for sub and $100 for L:R speakers which aren’t bad budgets

Second hand can be great for audio gear - that is a good suggestion.

So the home theater setup was going to be a gift so I didn't really want to buy used equipment. Checked the TV and even though the TV was purchased within the few years or so, it was a cheaper model so it doesn't have HDMI arc, no optical port that I could find and what appear to be component cable ports. Probably would need a receiver at this point which going for new equipment, is outside my current budget. Just going to wait for now, thanks all for the responses.

Back