[Help] EPoX EP-8NPA SLi Onboard Ethernet Problem

Burpy

Limp Gawd
I just bought a EPoX EP-8NPA Sli s754 MB & I'm having problems getting the onboard LAN (VITESSE VSC8201RX Gigabit Ethernet PHY) to work with my Linksys Etherfast 5 port workgroup hub (model: EFAH05W).

If I connect the cat5 cable directly from my cable modem to the onboard LAN it works without a problem, but if I try going through the hub I get a constantly flashing "Network Cable Unplugged".

My MB before the EP-8NPA was a ASUS K8N s754 & it worked fine with the hub as well as two other computers that are conected to it. So I'm pretty sure it's not a faulty hub.

* I have tried using all 5 ports on the hub.
* I have tried both the 6.56 & 6.69 nForce4 drivers.

My Computer Setup:
* EPoX EP-8NPA
* AMD 64 3700+ s754
* 2GIG Corsair PC3200
* eVGA 7800GT
* Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
* Windows XP x64

Link to my Linksys Hub - [ Linksys Hub ]

Link to my Motherboard - [ EPoX EP-8NPA ]

Any suggestions, solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

P.S. Already sent EPoX support an e-mail.

have you tried using a straight thru cable instead of a crossover cable?

[H]

have you tried a different cable? Other than that, I have no clue.. Since it works when connected to the modem, we know its not a bad port, its either a compatibility issue with the linksys, or something else conflicting. What else is connected to the hub? Is there are router or server? Static IP's?

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

I have tried countless cables & it still didnt work. I have 3 computers that are connected to the port & mine is the only one giving problems.

Cable modem to HUB Uplink & port 1-3 goes to the 3 computers. Everything worked fine until upgrading to this MB.
Aronj66, you might be right about the onboard lan & Linksys not being compatible.

I went into my onboard LAN card properties & found an option to Force 100 Full Duplex, Default was FULL autonegotiation.
So I set it to force 100 full duplex & I did get a connection, but my 6mb connection went down to a 259kbps (down) connection.

untitled1au.jpg

So I can get a connection, but not at my full 6mb.

You guys think this is a problem that can be fixed software side or are the onboard LAN & the Linksys just not compatible?

Here is a link to the data sheet, user guide pdf's. [ Linksys HUB ]

Thanks,

Back