HELP! Deleted XP dual boot and now vista, "Cannot find BOOTMGR!!!"

dborden

Limp Gawd
I had XP. I used a partitioning tool to split my main hard drive in to two partitions. Then I Installed Vista on the new partition on my main drive. Things were working great in dual boot for a couple weeks.

Last night I decided to ditch the xp partitition and readd it back as one single partition. I used BCD while in windows to remove the bootup entry for Vista. Then I used acronis disk director to delete the xp partion and readd it to the vista partion for just a single large os partition. Reboot and now i get cannot find boot MGR. How do i repair this so vista will boot in to windows?

I haven't done so in Vista, but is there an option to repair, once you boot from the CD/DVD?

I used the automatic startup repair function on the vista dvd and it autofinds my vista intallation and says it will repair it. Then I reboot and I get the same problem. I even repartitioned my drive and formatted and then used acronis to lay down an image of the entire drive I made last night and THAT doesn't even work. I know my image is intact as I had acronis check it and I can see all the files are there. Does vista not let you image a pc and restore it? what gives?

Back