HELP! Daemon tools buned to a DVD issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackHawk22

Limp Gawd
I have BF2 and I am trying to get it moved to a computer at school (They allow it for a gamin club) and I need Daemon Tools to run my .mds and .mdf files so I can play it without bringing the CD's everyday. BUT - there are some limitations. I can only transfer data from a USB hard-drive, flash drive, or DVD to my folder on the Comp. - no program files, no desktop saving either.
Simple - just install DT and mount your image all within your folder after moving it all there via flash drive or DVD or hard-drive, right? Wrong... I have a bizzare issue where I cannot move the DT folder containing everything anywhere but the program files folder on my comp, and especially not to my DVD - BECAUSE it claims it has an error, and can only run on windows NT, 2000, or XP (Bizzare error huh?) SOooo, apparently I can't move that folder anywhere.
So you might say, why not burn the dvd with DT set-up on it, and install it in your file at school. But that wont work either, since I cant install anything on the comp either - its blocked.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY I CANT MOVE THE DT FOLDER, AND HOW I CAN MAKE MY BF2 WORK! I COULD REALLY USE THE HELP!

You are allowed to play games but not allowed to install them? You should probably talk to the person in charge and have them help you. It's a little hard to give you advice since I've never been to the school you are talking about.

Yea, so I have to install it and move all the installed files to a folder on that account I have at school.

This subject is "probably" not allowed on these forums so I would suggest deleting your thread so you dont get into trouble!

Why? I have the original CD's - I can take a pic with my [H] name next to it if it helps any.

I found another solution to the problem - the BF2 demo. Buuuutt - I cannot play any maps on that demo besides Gulf of Oman. Can I copy the files I have from the full BF2 over to the BF2 Demo directory or vice versa to get a BF2 with all the maps and doesn't need the CD to play (like the demo doesn't).??? How?

OH - BTW, look up my BF2 name on any stats parser, my name is Blackhawk22, of course. That proves how long I have owned the game, and my login.

You cant ask about NoCD hacks so I don't see why you can ask about this! does not matter if you own the game or not, you are asking to curcimvent copy protection, this is not allowed here!

Sorry, no help here man. Asking for help on circumventing school computer security is not quite looked up upon here. Ask the tech for help on it. If he they won't help you, then it's not allowed, and you'll have to find your own solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back