Help! COD4 launching minimized

Escher

Limp Gawd
I've already played through the single-player game once and I decided to set up a 2nd profile. As soon as I did that, the game minimized to the desktop and won't stay maximized if I click on it in the taskbar. It'll try to go maximized, but will just end up minimized.

Doesn't happen with multi-player which I find odd. I uninstalled, reinstalled, and it's still happening. I even got rid of the profiles thinking they were corrupt. I've looked for answers already, but found none on the support sites. It's so strange that I've been playing it for weeks and now it decides to go wonky.

Any ideas?

Specs:
Vista Ultimate x64
8800GT
4 GB RAM
Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz

Why in the hell would I want to reformat my machine to get a game to work. That's just stupid.

Are you folding? Sometimes the Folding clients can cause games to minimize to the taskbar, and they can't be restored.

Of course that's for OpenGL games...

What about the shortcut for the game. Is it set to minimize on start?

That was it! I shut down F@H and now it works again. Odd since I've been folding for a while and playing COD4 without issue. Don't understand why it'd cause an issue all of a sudden, and only for the single player game not multi player, but it's working again.

Thanks for the insightful response Version_3. Glad to know some people aren't retards around here.

Back