Help choosing Speakers for PC / LCDTV

Wich0

Limp Gawd
I want to get some nice speakers for my gaming rig. I was thinking of buying the Logitech Z-5300e because they support THX and are cheap. But then I thought It'd be nice if I could also hook these up to my LCD TV as well. But then I thought that my TV only has component audio and these speakers don't have that. Is there a way to connect them to my TV ? I haven't found any speakers that have component audio connectors.

My TV:
http://www.sceptre.com/Products/LCD/Specifications/spec_X32SV-Komodo.htm

Connections Port
ATSC/NTSC/Clear QAM Input
Component Input X 2
S-Video 4-pin DIN & Audio (R/L) input X 2
Composite Input X 2
Composite Out X 1
VGA (15pin), HDMI (HDCP)
SPDIF out

Try to find a HTIAB (Home Thea. In A Box) job.

Check out avsforum.com for suggestions.

Edit: Look here

Onkyo HT-S790 looks decent.

but will a HTIB be able to hook up to PC?

Yes. You can use a USB out or 1/8 to 1/4 or 1/8 to rca.

Check out head-fi.org for USB solutions. If you're looking to get 5.1 out of your PC check out the head-fi section on digital outs

I clicked on the link for the TV and saw this on the specs:

SPDIF Audio output

So SPDIF audio out...

Get a z-5400 instead. Doesn't cost much more. Then you can connect your computer with 6 channel analog out for gaming. Connect your lcd tv with spdif. And have 1 spdif and 1 coax to spare (xbox or ps2 on the other spdif).

Also please remember that THX is just a standard. It's a label (that costs money) that means that the speakers meet a ceratin standard. There are better speakers (though not at that price) that don't have THX labels although they meet the standards. Not all companies want to pay extra for the THX branding.

Back