Help!Cant get ISP download speed

beheo2019

Bad Trader
My ISP is 400/20 package and I have asus ac1900 and wire to deco m4 as AP. I wire from 1 node of deco to my desktop coz my pc is far away from the modem and asus router and I want wire. I do speedtest and it shows 450 mbps down and 21mbps up. However, when I tried to download a file from youtube, the download speed hit 55 mb/s for a few second then it drops to 30 mb/s. Is it because of the ISP or the youtube server or my router or the deco m4? Thank you.

The quality and speed of your download will entirely depend on the host server you are downloading from. You may have the ability to download quickly, but if the source server and pipeline is slow, your download speed will reflect that.

The quality and speed of your download will entirely depend on the host server you are downloading from. You may have the ability to download quickly, but if the source server and pipeline is slow, your download speed will reflect that.
Alternatively the ISP might be throttling the bandwidth to certain sites such as youtube or netflix.
ISPs often allow full speed usage to speedtests to give the illusion you're getting what you pay for too (and they only run a few seconds so doesn't do much for network load).

Easy way to find out if the deco m4 (you're wireless really) is causing part of the problem and I bet it is.

Just move your desktop temporarily to where your router is and plug in.

Then you can see how much the deco m4 is affecting your speeds.

Also, are you saying it starts out at 55megabits (55mb) or 55MB (Megabytes)? I'm guessing it was megabits.

Basically, wifi sucks speed-wise and latency-wise and you will NEVER get the advertised speeds.

Easy way to find out if the deco m4 (you're wireless really) is causing part of the problem and I bet it is.

Just move your desktop temporarily to where your router is and plug in.

Then you can see how much the deco m4 is affecting your speeds.

Also, are you saying it starts out at 55megabits (55mb) or 55MB (Megabytes)? I'm guessing it was megabits.

Basically, wifi sucks speed-wise and latency-wise and you will NEVER get the advertised speeds.
especially if you have other devices connected to it and god forbid you have a mix of wireless standards. wireless technology is a shared medium and no matter how fast is your device it will have to wait for its turn till the the slowest device finish using it.

Back