Help! Can't find drivers for Nec ND-2500A DvD+/-RW

M4d-K10wN

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyway, got it off newegg; and it came without anything; just the drive itself. Windows default drivers don't work for burning, or dvd's. I checked nec.com, but they don't let you download any drivers; the website says I should get them from the PC vendor... it's an OEM drive, wtf?! Anyway, then i Googled for the drivers. found firmware, but still no drivers.

Anyone know where to get them? Thnx in advance!

You don't need drivers for a DVDRW drive in Windows.Which burning app are you using? You need to make sure it is updated to recognise the 2500, and also make sure that your burning app is not an OEM version, keyed to only work with a particular drive.

Not sure, I didn't buy the drive, and I haven't seen it yet, and will never use it. Although my friend is probably using nero 6...

Anyway, it doesn't even read DvD's that the dvd player does. Hmm...

M4d-K10wN said:
Not sure, I didn't buy the drive, and I haven't seen it yet, and will never use it. Although my friend is probably using nero 6...

Anyway, it doesn't even read DvD's that the dvd player does. Hmm...
Bum drive?

Don't know. He put in a movie dvd, and it can't see it. Maybe because the file systems are different? Is there a program there a free program that can read/write/ cache & copy dvd's?

But it reads regular cd's just fine... Hmm ok i'll tell him.
*correction*
It can see the movie dvd, but it can't playback it, because he doesn't have the codec? Where can you get a codec, or a program that has it? And a program that can write/cache+copy dvd's?

M4d-K10wN said:
But it reads regular cd's just fine... Hmm ok i'll tell him.
*correction*
It can see the movie dvd, but it can't playback it, because he doesn't have the codec? Where can you get a codec, or a program that has it? And a program that can write/cache+copy dvd's?
DVD movies use a licenced codec and copy protection scheme, thus you need to purchase a DVD decoder/decryptor in order to play it. Here is a list of popular software DVD players:

PowerDVD
WinDVD
NVDVD
ATi DVD Player
Theatertek
Sonic Cineplayer

You really only need the DVD codec, which you can often buy separately from the companies that make these players.

What you're experiencing is normal; usually people buy a software DVD player for their PCs, use a bundled player, or get one from "Mexico."

Yeah, M$ offers to sell one for 15 bucks. Can you download it from kazaa, or overnet though? If so what would I search for?? And, once again, wha software would I use to cache and copy, or just burn dvd's?

Hmm, the driver cd that came with my video card has NVDVD on it. Does that come with a codec? If so, I could just burn the cd and send it over.

M4d-K10wN said:
Can you download it from kazaa, or overnet though? If so what would I search for??
Yes, but I can't help you since it's illegal. Here's a hint: those DVD players I listed...
And, once again, wha software would I use to cache and copy, or just burn dvd's?
Any number of programs will extract the contents of the DVD to hard disk--DVD Decrypter is the program I prefer most. Most popular recording programs like Nero now offer DVD burning features. Check Doom9.org for other options.[QUOTE
Hmm, the driver cd that came with my video card has NVDVD on it. Does that come with a codec? If so, I could just burn the cd and send it over.[/QUOTE]Yes, NVDVD has the DVD decoder, but it also includes the "front end" for a complete software DVD player package.

Back