Help! Built in S3 Graphic Unichrome card in AMD

Help!!! I got stuck with it every time I played game. VIA/S3G Unichrome was built in my motherboard, that was my mistake when I bought a new PC. Now I just play some games from 1998 to 2002, that's it. Even the Sims Deluxe, I can play but the mouse just like a bug, hard control it. Any advices for me plz? Should I buy a new graphic card and what's the good price to buy a good card???? ATI or Geforce????

You should definetly get a new card. But we need to know 2 things first:

Do you have an AGP Slot on your motherboard?(brown or offset slot next to a bunch of white slots)

How much money can you spend on a new card?

Yeah, S3 Unichrome is good for desktop stuff, but I wouldn't game with it. As stated above we need some mobo info. to help you further...

V0ltage said:
You should definetly get a new card. But we need to know 2 things first:

Do you have an AGP Slot on your motherboard?(brown or offset slot next to a bunch of white slots)

How much money can you spend on a new card?

1. Well, I checked and I got onebut its color is black ( doesn't matter ??)
2. I'm now in Canada, can spend 100 CAD was the answer. There're some good stores for computer stuffs like BestBuy, or FutureShop ( was bought by BestBuy). Some advices ?

1) No - color doesn't matter. Just figure out the model of the motherboard and make sure that it does, in fact support AGP.

2) You're going to get ripped off at a brick-and-mortar store (probably 50% more than you'd spend online unless you get in on a really good sale) and have to deal with asshat salespeople that are only concerned with selling you the most expensive thing you'll buy.

$100CAD = $80USD. Assuming online prices work the same up north, this should put you squarely in Radeon 9600/9600Pro teritory. If you ended up buying a CompUSA/FutureShop/etc you'd probably end up with a GeForce 5200 or Radeon 9000 which would be about half the speed.

Back