Help: Asus RAMPAGE III EXTREME + Asus gtx 1080 Strix - NOT Working

Vlad_13

[H]ard|Gawd
Greetings from Ukraine! Please help me out, recently I got Asus gtx 1080 Strix but it's not completly working like it should I'll explain what I mean.
(Video card is a working unit because I puled it myself after FurMark test from a working system.) Also when I plug in my old GTX 780TI system works just fine.

With GTX 1080 Strix system posts, I can get in to BIOS, but before loading in to Windows it doesn't load in to Windows (no Windows logo), from monitor I get a black no signal detected screen, no HDD led indicator too. Monitor connected trough DP, I have also tried HDMI, same thing no go. I can get in to BIOS just fine, I have done CMOS reset, all of the BIOS setings on my Asus Rampage III Extreme are on auto, no OC of any kind... Power suply is more than enogh, and it's a quality 300 usd unit, all videocard power leds are good. Also I have last official version of BIOS for mobo.

Here is my question, is there in BIOS some kind of setting I have to turn on or is it some kind of x58 problem, but I seen peeps on forums runing x58 with 1080s... Why it's not loading in to Windows with 1080?
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Not sure if it has it but in BIOS on my rampage IV try set the GPU/video card default to Pcie (it's the option wher eyou can chose internal GPU or dGPU as default/first choice). Maybe this helps.

Try a different PCie slot too.

Where is it tho, under what tab, I remember there was this option on my old mobo but here I couldn't find it...

I found the solution from this forum post there is some kind of problem where motherboard does not send some kind of signal to videocard or otherway around. So the only way system will post is that you have to connect DVI output.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I found the solution from this forum post there is some kind of problem where motherboard does not send some kind of signal to videocard or otherway around. So the only way system will post is that you have to connect DVI output.
Woah, that is a weird quirk! Thanks for updating us!

Back