Help!!! Asus P8P67

ranviper

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

so I just moved my system to a new case and installed a CM Hyper 212 plus and once everything was put together and plugged in, and I turn it on, my keyboard and monitor are not working. They keyboard never comes on and my monitor doesnt register there is something connected to it. I tried using different USB ports for the KB and mouse, and my mouse works in all the USB ports so I can't imagine it's fried, and as for my monitor neither port in my gtx550 work. Did I fry something? Never felt a shock of any kind...Whats wrong? HELP!

EDIT: RESOLVED.

Mod's please delete. =)

Last edited:
Need USB legacy enabled in bios to see KB in bios
You may be pinching mobo with 212+
Try factory Intel HSF making sure all posts are full expanded on bottom.
Also didnt mention what new case
Are you sure vidcard all the way down? Vid cable DVI all the way in?
In bios PEG/PCI as first boot - not PCI/PEG?
Are your brass case standoffs 1/4" long or 5/16"?

Ya know OP, solving your problems online is only half the story. Others might like to learn how to fix/avoid similar problems. If only there was a place to go and read about these situations...

Ya know OP, solving your problems online is only half the story. Others might like to learn how to fix/avoid similar problems. If only there was a place to go and read about these situations...

Agreed...

He probably forgot the mobo cpu power.. Who cares about the keyboard when the thing won't POST. It's not even worth mentioning until it actually POST's

You don't need legacy USB enabled to see the keyboard in BIOS. I actually turned OFF USB support and the Bios *STILL* saw the keyboard.

Sorry guys for wanting this deleted.

What I found was because I took out the CPU to clean off the old thermal grease to apply new grease it registered that I installed a new CPU. For whatever reason I read after some google searching that I should take out one of my RAM sticks and restart. I did, and everything worked. It said "new CPU" and did some "registering" if you will, and then it booted up fine. I shut her down, resintalled the other RAM stick, and everything works great now.

Odd..I know. lol.

Yeah that's very weird. Good to know though cause that's something I'd never think of trying if I ran into an issue.

Sorry guys for wanting this deleted.

What I found was because I took out the CPU to clean off the old thermal grease to apply new grease it registered that I installed a new CPU. For whatever reason I read after some google searching that I should take out one of my RAM sticks and restart. I did, and everything worked. It said "new CPU" and did some "registering" if you will, and then it booted up fine. I shut her down, resintalled the other RAM stick, and everything works great now.

Odd..I know. lol.

If it never POSTed to begin with it will show a new CPU installed msg. Sounds like one of your ram sticks just needed to be reseated. First rule of any new build.. re-seat everything if she doesn't POST.

Back