Help: Asus P5W DH reboots after waking from sleep

ymee

Weaksauce
Guys,
I just built an Asus P5W DH deluxe with 2 gigs ram C2D 6600, Nvidia 8800GTX. The system is rock solid while I use it, however, when I wake it from sleep the computer ends up rebooting itself. I usually see my monitors wake, get to see the desktop for a few seconds and then boom it reboots. All my drives are SATA and my Keyboard and Mouse is USB. I have tried both S1(POS) and S3 settings for ACPI in the BIOS and both result in the same behavior. Anyone else have this problem?

Found this on another board, will try it when i get home
---------------
I built the rig in the sig a few weeks ago. I'm very happy with the performance and the OC is Orthos stable at 22.5 hours, the longest that I've let it run.

I had a problem with S3 standby from the very beginning. Stock clocked or over clocked it would crash coming out of standby 100%. Hibernate would crash and restart sometimes going in and would crash and restart about 50% on resume. Very frustrating. I was blaming the video drivers since my previous build (AMD/nvidia) would sometimes not reinitialize the display coming out of standby and it definitely changed behavior with different video drivers.

Yesterday I found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889673 and installed the hotfix. Standby works perfectly ever since! I have not tried hibernate again, since standby works so good now.

I hope this helps others who were frustrated by this issue.

Well that didnt help at all, the system still reboots when I wake it, it inits the USB controllers cause I see my keyboard light up, then the monitors light up and then it reboots :-( very annoying

damnit, was hoping someone would have the solution. Hate to burn all that power when I'm not using the computer.

Back