Help a NonProfit Youth Sports program out?

Eickst

[H]ard|Gawd
I head coach a youth football team. We would like to get a somewhat decent website that's easy to manage and add content.

I suck at teh web page stuff. Anything else I might be able to do, but I have never created a web page other than a plain html page. I need something other people can log in to and add content if they are allowed.

My other constraint is time. I work 10 hours a day and then ahve practice for another 2 and a half. Between that and driving I have no time left.

Something like Mambo or Droopal or Joomla would be great, I just don't have time to set anything up. We need an album area, a calendar, and a news/announcements section. Nothing too fancy.

Does anyone want to help out with this? It's for a good cause and I can probably get you a tax write off for it.

Anyone willing to help out? If I pay twenty bucks? Thirty? Anyone?

if i knew how to code..lol i think, like you, the main problem is time, alot of people these days dont have alot of it :(

calendars, announcements, CMS backend ....... and you said nothing fancy? You can give a piss poor look to the website but the majority of the money required for a website for your needs is all of the coding required. Adding a decent GUI would be worth it if your willing to go that far.

As far as 20-30 bucks goes, you'd have to be retarded to build a site needing that kind of material for that price. I'm sorry to sound demeaning, but that's entirely too much to give away, even for a simple calendar and small backend scripts.

I recommend finding a WYSIWYG editor (as much as it pains me to say that) and make something general until you can afford what you'd really want, or follow deuce868's advice on an online editor.

If you don't mind trying different things look at some of the open source CMS. Such as Joomla, Xoops, DotNetNuke, phpNuke and maybe find a host that has these in their application pool so they install automatically.

Hope this helps a little.

If you have any questions pm me...

-Axel

Back