Help! 7820X No Longer Holding OC Settings

Darkswordz

Gawd
I was running Cinebench this morning on my 7820X @ 4.7Ghz when the system blue screened. I had to do a cold restart to get back to Windows. I noticed that my CPU was no longer running at it's OC settings, but seemed back to default.

I tried going back in the UEFI and put my settings back to where they were, but every time I reboot the CPU does not hold the OC settings. It will only go up to 4.0Ghz at load, and will drop speeds, and drop voltages. I made sure Speed Step was disabled, and all the usual things, but that did nothing. I've tried clearing CMOS, unplugging the system, resetting the battery, etc. but my CPU refuses to hold any OC settings. Even my DRAM is having trouble holding XMP profiles.

Even trying to do a warm reboot doesn't work anymore. I have to fully power down and power back on in order to restart my system. Can't figure out how to fix it, but it seems to be stemming from the CPU. Any thoughts?

turn off the machine and unplug from the power, reseat the CPU, turn on the machine and load optimized/default settings in BIOS and run the machine that way for awhile and see how it behave.. it should perform normally.

do you use any overclocking software to tune performance in windows?.

^ what he said. I had XTU cause a system to act like this although it was on z97... removed xtu, cleared bios, loaded defaults, made sure it worked and then reapplied OC in bios, no probs since.

Back