HELP: 2wire modem/router keeps losing ethernet connection

wazoo42

Gawd
I just got the 1000sw today wich replaces the speedstream 5100 I was sent by mistake by sbc. The speedstream works, but I have a gigabit switch I would like to use between my two computers so that both can access the internet and transfer files. That being said, the 1000sw works for a minute or two and then the ethernet port seems to turn off. When I have it plugged into the switch I see the activity lights go out, and I am guessing the same thing happens when my main computer is plugged directly into the 1000sw (I didn't crawl under my desk to verify this). In both cases after a minute I can no longer access the internet, and the only way I can get it back is to pull the power on the 1000sw and plug it back in. I looked on 2wire's website and couldn't find anything (a similar problem or even a bios update). This happens in winxp and suse 9.1 so it really seems to be a problem with the 1000sw. Did I get a bad unit? Thanks in advance.

After 3 techs and 2 hours on the phone sbc finally reached the conclusion I did after about 15 minutes, the router was defective. I love tech support. :) Hopefully the new one will work better.

Back