Hellpoint Kickstarter (another sci-fi darksouls like space game)

looks like the closest Souls clone to date (along with Lords of the Fallen)...I would love a really good sci-fi Souls clone...will definitely be keeping an eye on this...the linked video had too much walking around though and not enough action...with only a week to go I'm not sure it's going to reach it's $36,000 Kickstarter goal

Last edited:
character models and textures could use a bit more refinement...enemy designs are also a bit generic...maybe more Dead Space then Dark Souls

That was year old gameplay it looks much better today was on my phone so I coudn't do a proper search .

The sci-fi horror-RPG Hellpoint, which was delayed earlier this year due to the COVID-19 outbreak, has a new release date...developer Cradle Games announced today that it will be out on July 30th, and dropped a new trailer...

The new trailer looks more like Remnant than Dark Souls. Seems okay as a game, but the graphics are kinda sparse and "last gen" to me. I see that Switch logo at the bottom. That might be one reason why.

Comes out in two weeks could be good going to keep a watch on it.

27.99 on Steam

There is a demo out which is a section of the game going to play it on the weekend.
Preordered the game already price is good at 26.00 20 percent off on Steam.

There is a demo out which is a section of the game going to play it on the weekend.
Preordered the game already price is good at 26.00 20 percent off on Steam.

you buy all the Souls/Sekiro games and Souls copycats (Surge, Code Vein etc) but then you complain about the difficulty and either use cheat codes, quit or request a refund...you must love to punish yourself...

20200723155045_1.jpg

This game is like Deadspace, Darksouls toss in some Doom someone said your character is too floaty but I'm only playing the demo.
You get a game like this when you only care about the end result.

Last edited:
I hope you can clothes your character later on or armor at least. Just look weak wearing his birthday suit.

Boss towards the end of the video is the one in the screenshots. Most of the levels look dull but the buildup to the boss might be worth it.

I refunded I mean the gameplay might be there but the graphics look like something from 2009 even Demon Souls looks miles better.
Have no desire to strain my eyeballs in a extremely game with low lighting.

I refunded I mean the gameplay might be there but the graphics look like something from 2009 even Demon Souls looks miles better.
Have no desire to strain my eyeballs in a extremely game with low lighting.

Bummer

I'm sure it's going to be a good game but the demo didnt' even come close to what Mortal Shell was.

20201106113846_1.jpg
20201105031653_1.jpg
20201106120719_1.jpg

Halloween special got to the 1st boss almost beat him kinda like this game more than Mortal Shell just because the movement isn't as stiff.
The lighting in this game reminds me of FEAR or QUAKE 2.

20201107154330_1.jpg

Gold Chromedomes swing incense orbs and Triangles still haven't defeated them looking for all nooks and secrets.

20201107141000_1.jpg

Spaceship for Halloween candy event

I started playing Hellpoint on PC when it came out. I ended up buying a copy to play on Xbox with a friend. The Xbox version was the worst at launch. I think it took a month to fix the multiplayer. Framerate was also very sluggish on Xbox but has since been fixed. I finished my first playthrough during Halloween. I look forward to playing it again to get a different ending. This game needs a AAA sequel, prequel or some equivalent. Overall, shitty launch (as per usual these days) but the game deserves some recognition for being enjoyable and entertaining.

• Travel to the Blue Sun parallel dimension to experience a new layer of story that reveals the one true cause of the Merge cataclysm.
  • Three new sprawling areas to explore and die in, expanding the interconnected level design.
  • A ton of new armors, characters and bosses
  • New “contract” system
  • Dual wield weapons
  • A variety of quality-of-life improvements designed alongside the Hellpoint player community, like stat respec and inventory management.

Back