Hello Sprint, here I come.

The 15 minute waits are nearly gone with Sprint, but they still need a bit of help with their attitude. The good news is, most of them seem to be trying.
The attitude stems from the ridiculous metrics they force their call center employees to adhere to. Moral is very low with your average Sprint call center employee. They have zero job assurance, especially when call centers are the first thing they close down when profit goals aren't met. At the call center I worked the employees lasted approx 4 months before being terminated because they couldn't meet metric goals. Among the things that metrics included were average call time of 6 minutes or lower and sales goals (plan changes, upgrades, etc.). The metrics wouldn't have been almost impossible to meet given more time, but they cut the ramp up time for new employees down to 1 month and they had to meet the same goals 5 year employees were doing.

Realize that if a Sprint employee is bending over backwards to help you with a plan change or being short with you over something relatively minor, there is a reason.;)
/rant

unfortunately most call centers are like that. i used to work at one in high school. thing is, anyone can do the cs thing, all you do is ask the questions on the computer screen and fill in the answers. i would say 8/10 people you get on cs are either high or drunk, because thats what it takes to sit there for 6+ hours a day to talk to the dumbest customers on the planet.

well you can say that about anything. the average family cant afford to take their kids to a mlb game anymore, when only 15 years ago you could walk right into a cubs game for less then $20. it doesnt mean pro sports are a ripoff- because they sell tickets faster then they can print. market demand sets prices, not actual value (if there is such thing). sprint is smart as a business to offer their best business device at a tax-exempting business price. i would if i were them. and like i said, its just temporary to get the idiots and "i need it now" people's money, it wont effect people like us in a few months when they slash the price for the masses.

Yeah sprint is smart if they actually sell many of them... we'll see if they do. I suspect a lot of people will opt for the Verizon option. 3.5mm jack is nice but worth $150? I dunno. I'd think sprint would be more interested in selling it at $200 like Verizon but with the 3.5mm jack and get more customers. Who knows what is going on up there in exec land.

Edit: Then there is the part where most people seem to like Verizon's coverage and service over Sprint's, so even if they were priced alike I'd think people would mostly opt for the Verizon option. Just my opinion.

Yeah sprint is smart if they actually sell many of them... we'll see if they do. I suspect a lot of people will opt for the Verizon option. 3.5mm jack is nice but worth $150? I dunno. I'd think sprint would be more interested in selling it at $200 like Verizon but with the 3.5mm jack and get more customers. Who knows what is going on up there in exec land.

Edit: Then there is the part where most people seem to like Verizon's coverage and service over Sprint's, so even if they were priced alike I'd think people would mostly opt for the Verizon option. Just my opinion.

personal customers i agree, it would be hard to spend that money on sprint when you get the same thing with verizon. (3.5mm is on verizon some are saying) the plans are better on sprint though, so there is that consideration. but more what i was talking about was business people, as that is what the tp2 is aimed for. for one, businesses dont normally change carriers on a whim, and its really not a phone for general public, its just too big. its a device designed to handle video conferencing in a room full of 30 noisy people and everyone can still see and hear whats going on. when youre done, it goes in a briefcase or shoulder bag... ok it might not be netbook size, but im serious, its a huge phone. (iphone size but a hell of a lot thicker)

Last edited:
Price comparason between the big 3 providers

http://www.wmexperts.com/comparing-htc-touch-pro-2s

Yea you might have to pay a little extra things for the plan but here is the 2 points I might point out

1- it is still cheaper than sprint for the life of the contract
2- "important" you will part with less money at the counter, hell verizon will even do up the mail in rebate at the counter so none of that sprint bullcrap on waiting 10 weeks.

Verizon wins hands down and i stand by what I said, sprint is ripping you off period. Too bad the palm pre is a POS phone. Sprint is trying to push it to save their butts period. Do some research into the complaints and the amount of returns that sprint has received on the pre. If you have a issue with it you just might get a "refub" phone in return and not a NEW one.

Buyer beware of sprint.

That article is complete crap. They take the most barebones plan possible from Verizon and compare it to Sprint's Everything Data plan, which is much more full featured. If you do the same piecemeal method from Sprint, the monthly rate is only $60. That will drop the overall cost by $240. To make Verizon's plan truly comparable to Sprint's Everything Data plan, you need to add unlimited text messages and Navigation services, which is going to lead to a huge jump in overall cost. Any way you look at it, Sprint is cheaper.

And in terms of the Palm Pre return rate, you would be best not to buy into the FUD:

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-return-rate-now-pegged-2-3-dueling-analysts

I picked up a pre yesterday, and its great I have zero complaints. Sprint's data speeds are so much better than my experience with tmo its crazy.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Can anyone confirm that the Hero to Sprint is flat faced and has no chin? i have heard it from a couple of people

The sprint hero is a complete redesign of the phone. No chin on the Sprint version

I'm a little confused. Why does the plan list 450 minutes and $0.45/min for going over? Isn't it unlimited calling to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

If your roaming on another CDMA carrier, you get minutes taken away, same with landlines & VOIP.

I just DONT understand why anyone finds the chin to be appealing, i am glad that sprint has a redesign because i hated the G1 with a passion, its shape, its keyboard, its size. The Mytouch is ok, after playing with it i just cant get over the plain colors and overall shape, its much more stylish but still not perfect.

I cant grasp why no one can make an Iphone shaped android device, a flat face, as less buttons as possible, just look good.

Chin is by far the ugliest feature i have seen in a phone, if anyone finds it appealing then i would say you are still stuck in 1980s when the first cell phones were introduced

if the iphone was about 20% smaller in the actual width and length it would be ideal. the thickness is fine, its just big to fit in your pocket though.

But look at how huge the screen is, if you want it smaller then it would have to have a smaller screen

But look at how huge the screen is, if you want it smaller then it would have to have a smaller screen

just make it higher resolution, you can adjust to a slightly smaller screen if it looks good enough.

If your roaming on another CDMA carrier, you get minutes taken away, same with landlines & VOIP.

I was in a sprint store and they told me when I roam I'd roam on Verizon's network and that I wouldn't have to pay extra for it... Somehow I don't fully believe them.

I was in a sprint store and they told me when I roam I'd roam on Verizon's network and that I wouldn't have to pay extra for it... Somehow I don't fully believe them.

You don't have to pay extra for roaming on most if not all plans but it does use minutes like any other call.

You don't have to pay extra for roaming on most if not all plans but it does use minutes like any other call.

What if I am roaming while calling another sprint phone, or another mobile while on their new $70/mo plan? Will those calls use the 450 minutes?

So, basically the size of the Pre ;)

I would love a Pre if it wasn't built like a cheap piece of Chinese junk, I wanted to get one until one of my co-workers got one and had the thing fall apart in 2 days then have the replacement break in the same way a week later. The slider hinge system is not strong enough for the phone to be put in a pocket which is where I would put mine.

I plan on checking out the HTC Hero come Oct 11, pending how it looks and feels I will likely get one.

I'm coming into this thread late, but my experience with sprint has improved a lot. About a year ago, I was ready to switch(after 5+ years) as waiting for customer service was ridiculous. But recently, things have gotten a lot better, and a few weeks ago, I got a pre. My sprint service is much better where I live than my verizon phone (work). I personally don't mind the call center people working harder 'to keep their jobs'. If I piss off a customer in my engineering job, I'd get fired too. My pre has been working great, and I am happy. If only they could somehow include boobies into my plan, i'd be sold for life.

What if I am roaming while calling another sprint phone, or another mobile while on their new $70/mo plan? Will those calls use the 450 minutes?

im guessing it uses the minutes no matter what if youre roaming. the internet is still unlimited even if youre roaming though, just fire up skype and talk away.

I would love a Pre if it wasn't built like a cheap piece of Chinese junk, I wanted to get one until one of my co-workers got one and had the thing fall apart in 2 days then have the replacement break in the same way a week later. The slider hinge system is not strong enough for the phone to be put in a pocket which is where I would put mine.

I plan on checking out the HTC Hero come Oct 11, pending how it looks and feels I will likely get one.

The Pre did have some pretty bad QA problems when it was first released but its since improved a ton. Sprint's been quick to take care of faulty ones though. My first Pre was janky but it was replaced without issue.

The Pre did have some pretty bad QA problems when it was first released but its since improved a ton. Sprint's been quick to take care of faulty ones though. My first Pre was janky but it was replaced without issue.

Yeah, the one I received this week, my first one, is a really nice piece of gear. When I played with one back in July, I know for a fact the build quailty was worse.

This one is great, and I'm loving the phone.

i have a login for the new sprint employee plans aka the new sero plans

you can get a palm pre off the site for $149.99

you get 500 mins with everything for $59.99 a month

My Sprint Touch Pro2 is arriving today. They gave me an additional $150 off on top of the usual $150 upgrade discount and $100 rebate ($199 total + tax), but I was also out of contract and hadn't upgraded my phone in almost 5 years. :p

I too recently switched to sprint and got a pre and I'm loving it. Wish that I could get those nice discounts they offer through work but company I work for only offers it for verizon =( . But if you are going to sprint get the referal program discount, its not as good as other deals I suppose but better than nothing

For the sprint everything plus employee referal plan like 123Lanoix mentioned

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/846333

The wife and I just got back from the Sprint store with 2x Pre's. My wife got a email from a friend about who to talk to and because of that we got $75 off each phone referral bonus (the salesperson knew who was referring us). Additionally, you can get discounts on monthly plans based on if your part of a credit union or a teacher or if your company is qualified. I happen to work for SAIC and entitled us to a 20% monthly discount on the plan.

So long AT&T.

Back