Hello Sprint, here I come.

Yup....i feel like doing the same thing...but i dont want to leave my unlocked phones... :(

I'm still sitting on a contract with T Mo, but I'm considering just paying the damn ETF and being done with them.

I love my G1, I love Android , but I hate this damn network. Their 3G rollout is painfully slow, and their price plans are starting to tip into the "not competitive" arena.

Yup....i feel like doing the same thing...but i dont want to leave my unlocked phones... :(

I hear you.

The problem is, for most of these unlocked applications and features to work as well as they should, you need a network that isn't trickling 20 kbps.

Seriously, T Mo is just falling too far behind the pack with their data coverage, and now, with this plan, I can pretty much lower my monthly cost, get a better phone and get access to, for all intents and purposes, a better network.

It would cost me $100 to drop from AT&T, but I think that I would make that up real fast by switching to sprint.

But the $200 Touch Pro 2 on Verizon has me thinking.

I hear you.

The problem is, for most of these unlocked applications and features to work as well as they should, you need a network that isn't trickling 20 kbps.

Seriously, T Mo is just falling too far behind the pack with their data coverage, and now, with this plan, I can pretty much lower my monthly cost, get a better phone and get access to, for all intents and purposes, a better network.

True, but i use ATT, so i have 3g just about everywhere, and my plan isnt that bad $77 a month for unlimited text, data and 450 minutes, works out just fine for me. Seeing as i dont call people very often.

haha, years ago i paid verizon a hundred bucks just to get out of my contract so i could go to sprint. best decision i ever made, sprint is the beez kneez

True, but i use ATT, so i have 3g just about everywhere, and my plan isnt that bad $77 a month for unlimited text, data and 450 minutes, works out just fine for me. Seeing as i dont call people very often.

No, that's not too bad.

My problem is two fold here. 1. T MOs network upgrades are at a snail pace.

2. Their hardware is falling behind the curve. Android is great, but the Dream and Magic are a starting to get a little long in the tooth from a hardware perspective.

Since I was already planning to switch to sprint this just sweetens the pot.

I'm a little confused. Why does the plan list 450 minutes and $0.45/min for going over? Isn't it unlimited calling to anyone, anywhere, anytime?

Just noticed that... it's not unlimited minutes, it's unlimited to any mobile on any carrier, but if you are calling land lines or VOIP's then you use your minutes. Not so great.

Yep, but since 80% of the calls I make anymore are to a mobile, this works. The rest I just email, etc.

Yeah. I don't make that many calls anyway. Too bad I'm under contract with Verizon until May. Sprint, you wanna pay my ETF? :D

It would cost me $100 to drop from AT&T, but I think that I would make that up real fast by switching to sprint.

But the $200 Touch Pro 2 on Verizon has me thinking.

You'd rather save $150/month on a device, than save $50+/month each month for two years? Not a sound move.

Besides, Sprint will be dropping the TP2's price if Verizon actually follows through with the $199 price point. OR, you can get the Sprint TP2 from Best Buy or Wirefly for much less.

That's only 5 bucks less than I pay for unlimited everything on T-Mo-unlimited texting, but since I text all of...oh never 400 might as well be unlimited (they had a special for existing customers). That is a really good deal. If I were looking to leave T-mobile that is who I would switch to. As for price competition, I guess it depends on what market you are looking at. For just basic phone service pricing no one touches T-mobile. That and the ability to get someone on the phone for help, that speaks understandable english, without a wait most of the time. I haven't messed with verizon, but I have talked to sprint and at&t a lot for customers when I worked at radioshack. 15 minute waits were the norm.

The 15 minute waits are nearly gone with Sprint, but they still need a bit of help with their attitude. The good news is, most of them seem to be trying.

Sprint can suck my nuts, cant take being stuck one more year with them

You must hate using your phone :)

Where are you located? I'm in Los Angeles and have been with T-Mo for more than 9 years now with SUPERB coverage, phones, and customer service. I have a G1 right now and I get 3G everywhere I go. Better yet, since I've been with them for more than 22 months, I'm eligible for the Loyalty Plan, which is unlimited minutes with no nationwide roaming. Throw this in with unlimited internet and text and it's only $85/mo. Sure, it's not $70/mo like Sprint, but to each their own.

Just noticed that... it's not unlimited minutes, it's unlimited to any mobile on any carrier, but if you are calling land lines or VOIP's then you use your minutes. Not so great.

just use the unlimited internet with your own viop then. i can use use skype as much as i want anywhere i get a cell connection. honestly i think it would be better to just have the cell phone part turned off and just leave it internet-only device. skype works better then the phone system many times...

Where are you located? I'm in Los Angeles and have been with T-Mo for more than 9 years now with SUPERB coverage, phones, and customer service. I have a G1 right now and I get 3G everywhere I go. Better yet, since I've been with them for more than 22 months, I'm eligible for the Loyalty Plan, which is unlimited minutes with no nationwide roaming. Throw this in with unlimited internet and text and it's only $85/mo. Sure, it's not $70/mo like Sprint, but to each their own.

Sprint offers all those things (including free roaming) from day one. No need to deal with "customer loyalty" plans. Since I'm sharing a plan with my family, I am paying the equivalent of $30 a month for essentially unlimited minutes, unlimited data, unlimited SMS/MMS, N/W starting at 6pm and the Sprint equivalent of Fave5 for each line. And with Sprint, I get excellent coverage everywhere, even once I've left one of the 10 or so metropolitan areas that T-Mobile covers with 3G. I'm glad you've enjoyed your experience, but Sprint just can't be beat!

The 15 minute waits are nearly gone with Sprint, but they still need a bit of help with their attitude. The good news is, most of them seem to be trying.

The last time I talked with a Sprint rep, they were nice. The guy even gave me a $75 credit for being a valued customer (since 2000). In turn, they owed me $5, lol. I think it really depends on who you talk to.

The last time I talked with a Sprint rep, they were nice. The guy even gave me a $75 credit for being a valued customer (since 2000). In turn, they owed me $5, lol. I think it really depends on who you talk to.

its moreso their policy. they will bend over backwards with incentives to keep customers on their network. corporate makes sure there are always a slew of coupons, deals and promotions out there for people to mix and match... creating the illusion of great savings. its standard practice among any type of subscription based service, but sprint always seems so much more lax and willing with their deals. if you get a rep that isnt being helpful, just call back in an hour. dont call in too many times though, they track people who abuse cs.

Sprint better get their head out of their A$$'s and match Verizons price on the HTC Pro2. 450 bucks off the bat is kinda steap when other carries are releasing it at 199 bucks.

I have 2 weeks and then I will make up my mind if I will tell Sprint to suck my nuts and switch back to Verizon. No dam way will I pay out a additional 250 bucks ( htc pro2 sprint ) for a phone that someone else is putting out for 199 bucks.

Sprint better get their head out of their A$$'s and match Verizons price on the HTC Pro2. 450 bucks off the bat is kinda steap when other carries are releasing it at 199 bucks.

I have 2 weeks and then I will make up my mind if I will tell Sprint to suck my nuts and switch back to Verizon. No dam way will I pay out a additional 250 bucks ( htc pro2 sprint ) for a phone that someone else is putting out for 199 bucks.

i kinda agree (the sprint is the only one with 3.5mm jack i think though), and i like tht phone- but my GOD how could anyone use that for personal use? it looks like the size of a netbook. for business it seems ultimate- but i cant even think of carrying around a device of that size all the time.

Thing is, is that 3.5 mm jack work the extra 250 bucks. In my opinon its not. I can deal with the special jack setup that Verizon uses.

IMO Sprint better get on the ball because I do think they will be left in the dust by Verizon or other providers who is offering this phone for 199. When a person can goto Verizon or other providers and get this bada$$ phone for 199 out the door then sprint is going to lose big time. I hope the word gets out now that its known on how sprint is ripping you off.

Edit: Verizon also has the 3.5 mm audio jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might wait for a price drop. I don't know how soon that'll come, but that 3.5mm jack isn't worth an extra $250 to me. I'll just keep my HTC Touch Pro a lil bit longer.

You would do well to research more and complain less. Sprint has no problem matching the competition. Enjoy!

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1556677

You would do well to research more and complain less. Sprint has no problem matching the competition. Enjoy!

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1556677

LOL yea go try it with sprint and see what price they quote you. As I stated 450 bucks and then you walk out the door. This was round 1 today after reading that thread. Plus the fact not one person has replied and said that they got this 199 dealio. Only the thread author got it and so far not one other person/poster has.

I even asked sprint if they will match a competitor and the answer I got was a flat out hell no. Sprint will NOT match a competitor period.

Sprint can suck my nuts, looks like I will be going back to verizon atleast they have the 199 deal right up front with no strings attached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both my wife and I are getting sick of AT&T and this looks good.

How good is the Palm Pre (since the Touch Pro 2 has a huge price tag).

Price comparason between the big 3 providers

http://www.wmexperts.com/comparing-htc-touch-pro-2s

Yea you might have to pay a little extra things for the plan but here is the 2 points I might point out

1- it is still cheaper than sprint for the life of the contract
2- "important" you will part with less money at the counter, hell verizon will even do up the mail in rebate at the counter so none of that sprint bullcrap on waiting 10 weeks.

Verizon wins hands down and i stand by what I said, sprint is ripping you off period. Too bad the palm pre is a POS phone. Sprint is trying to push it to save their butts period. Do some research into the complaints and the amount of returns that sprint has received on the pre. If you have a issue with it you just might get a "refub" phone in return and not a NEW one.

Buyer beware of sprint.

Ordered a TP2 from Sprint and will be getting it today :)

3G Sprint service has been outstanding in Los Angeles. I also have always had the best Customer Service from sprint.

Previously on Tmo and Cingular before that.

i dont see how sprint is ripping people off... the phone is brand new and their policy has always been to markup the new gear very high. blame it on the idiots who do pay the release price. i bet by spring the TP2 is $199 after rebates just like everyone else.

still doesnt change the fact that the phone is gigantic, and i cant imagine anyone wanting it for personal use. unless you like carrying around a netbook i guess...

Umm, just cause they have always done it in the past doesn't make it a good deal now. 350 for the TP2 on contract is ridiculous especially considering the hardware you are getting. It's not just Sprint though, the whole US cell industry is frickin ripping americans off. And they'll keep doing it as long as americans keep buying their "deals".

well you can say that about anything. the average family cant afford to take their kids to a mlb game anymore, when only 15 years ago you could walk right into a cubs game for less then $20. it doesnt mean pro sports are a ripoff- because they sell tickets faster then they can print. market demand sets prices, not actual value (if there is such thing). sprint is smart as a business to offer their best business device at a tax-exempting business price. i would if i were them. and like i said, its just temporary to get the idiots and "i need it now" people's money, it wont effect people like us in a few months when they slash the price for the masses.

Back