Hellgate London out Tomorrow!.

I see looks like i am going to have to head to best buy tomorrow for some game pickup.

Oh yeah, I meant to ask about the demo... is the main quest messed up or me? I got the injured dude after Murmur and you're supposed to find Lann. Never found him. Is he even in the demo? Cleared the Garden then the Garden Tunnels, and that's all I saw in the game? Did I miss something?

I've been busy with TF2 and Crysis demo lately and hadn't had a chance to try the Hellgate demo till tonight. I was not impressed. Visually it blew even on medium settings. Gameplay was boring. It was like outdoor Doom 3 walking down alleys...oh, theres a Zombie next to a quest guy and he is perfectly unharmed. :rolleyes: The first time I loaded it up after installing it restarted my PC. I tried to play again and I get to the first lame Stargate thing and it restarts again. I try a third time and skip the gate playing some more and became quite bored shooting zombies and listening er..I mean reading tons of quest dialog.
I hope the rest of you who got this truelly do enjoy it. I really mean that. I will not be picking up my preorder. That $5 deposit can go toward my preorder for Crysis. I almost cancelled months ago when I heard about the whole subscription charging thing but decided to wait and give it a chance. I have and was dissapointed.

I've been busy with TF2 and Crysis demo lately and hadn't had a chance to try the Hellgate demo till tonight. I was not impressed. Visually it blew even on medium settings. Gameplay was boring. It was like outdoor Doom 3 walking down alleys...oh, theres a Zombie next to a quest guy and he is perfectly unharmed. :rolleyes: The first time I loaded it up after installing it restarted my PC. I tried to play again and I get to the first lame Stargate thing and it restarts again. I try a third time and skip the gate playing some more and became quite bored shooting zombies and listening er..I mean reading tons of quest dialog.
I hope the rest of you who got this truelly do enjoy it. I really mean that. I will not be picking up my preorder. That $5 deposit can go toward my preorder for Crysis. I almost cancelled months ago when I heard about the whole subscription charging thing but decided to wait and give it a chance. I have and was dissapointed.

I enjoyed playing the marksman a lot, and I've always loved Diablo II type games, between this and the new naruto game coming out tomorrow ill have a nice busy weekend =D

I will grudgingly admit the full game is better than the beta.

It's not a GOOD game, but it's pretty good when it's working right. Sadly, it's still buggy as hell, even with the 0 day patch. Frame rate likes to tank to 2-3 fps randomly for 30 seconds or so, even at 1024x768 (on a 3800X2, 7950 GT, 2gb ram). It's not loading, it's just slowing.

Some quest bugs, and interface bugs (things vanishing from inventory and the like), but the enemies are finally interesting, the levels ahve been improved, and things are definitely better than they were.

Oh, and it still crashes a lot, and it's got such a bad memory leak that a reboot is MANDATORY after exiting if you want to do anything else.

But, it's at least a game now. Most of the time. I'd go high-60's, low 70's for a rating, 5 hours in.

I haven't had any crashes yet, perhaps the 64 bit build and 4 gigs of RAM help. I did run into a bug though, Leicester square had a blocked path, so I couldn't continue on to the next station. Chalk that one up to the random levels I guess, hopefully a new instance generates and I can get through. :(

I was going for the level 10 in 4 hours achievement, but I guess that will wait for another character as I'm at 3h30m already and only level 7.5. Also that brings up another bug, sometimes the /played time shows nearly double what you've played although zoning seems to solve it.

All in all, it's a bit better than the beta so I'm happy. More monsters it seems, still stable for me (only had one crash throughout the beta) and still fun.

It's not a GOOD game, but it's pretty good when it's working right. Sadly, it's still buggy as hell, even with the 0 day patch. Frame rate likes to tank to 2-3 fps randomly for 30 seconds or so, even at 1024x768 (on a 3800X2, 7950 GT, 2gb ram). It's not loading, it's just slowing.

Some quest bugs, and interface bugs (things vanishing from inventory and the like), but the enemies are finally interesting, the levels ahve been improved, and things are definitely better than they were.

Oh, and it still crashes a lot, and it's got such a bad memory leak that a reboot is MANDATORY after exiting if you want to do anything else.

But, it's at least a game now. Most of the time. I'd go high-60's, low 70's for a rating, 5 hours in.

Any blue-screens yet? That was my biggest complaint with the beta, random potentially-system-damaging hard locks. Nice to read they have at least made some improvements. Now I have to wait for FedEX. Why did I order this game online again?:(

Any blue-screens yet? That was my biggest complaint with the beta, random potentially-system-damaging hard locks. Nice to read they have at least made some improvements. Now I have to wait for FedEX. Why did I order this game online again?:(

Not yet, I've had one dump to desktop, but no BSOD. On XP though, so I only had 2 in the entire beta period either.

I'm serious when I say your system is unusable though after playing: The memory leak is that bad. Hell, last time I tried to reboot, it hardfroze at a black screen.

See. I felt that D2 was fun whereas TQ was boring. I can't quantify why, just the gut feeling of enjoyment.

I was the same way man, I couldnt really get into TQ either, I cant really tell you why either, I guess it didnt move right. But with hellgate london, its like the feeling I got when I played Diablo, I suppose thats why I like it so much.

I played about 5 hours straight last night and experienced nothing you speak of. Even on exit. I also have experienced No frame rate drop like you say. With a 7900gs Go. 2gb ram, 2ghz core2duo 1680x1050, Vista home premium.

Let me add that I am addicted, this game is awesome.

I played about 5 hours straight last night and experienced nothing you speak of. Even on exit. I also have experienced No frame rate drop like you say. With a 7900gs Go. 2gb ram, 2ghz core2duo 1680x1050, Vista home premium.

Let me add that I am addicted, this game is awesome.

As I've only played the demo, I have to ask.... is it MUCH better than the demo?

Based on the demo, I don't want to buy it. Based on improvements and a more Diablo-like FEEL, I will gladly.

As I've only played the demo, I have to ask.... is it MUCH better than the demo?

Based on the demo, I don't want to buy it. Based on improvements and a more Diablo-like FEEL, I will gladly.

I never played the demo. Or single player for that matter, ive only been playing multiplayer in beta and now retail. I definitely get a diablo-like feel. I like it much more than guild wars. I dont think i would enjoy this game based on singleplayer alone. But for the infinite equipment/combination possibilities online with equipment and other, i can see myself playing this game for a long time.

marginally better. online costs if you want real stuff thoguh

I've been playing since the beginning of the beta & I've enjoyed the game the whole way through. Alot of people have been critical on the graphics. Me, quite frankly, I'm well beyond " The graphics make the game " way of thought. It looks good enough for me & the game is fun & entertaining. It combines the two things I enjoy most about PC games. First Person & RPG elements. I'm a subscriber as well so I can see myself playing the game for a long time down the road. It has pulled me from WoW & with how into WoW i was, it must be a pretty damn good game to do that. It's worth a try. Some will like it, others wont.

-DarkLegacy

I'm still waiting on FedEx for my copy, although I was able to get in last night and create my characters and play on them for a while. This version is definitely showing some improvements, although it is still a little bit buggy. It seems like they have tweaked the environments some, and I have noticed enemies that I haven't seen before. I was able to grab the names that I wanted. ;)

I will probably delete and remake one of my characters so that I can see the intro/cutscene videos (if there are any.) It's annoying that you cannot respec in any way, I'm afraid to spend my skill points.:D

Well I'm going to BB tonight to pick up a copy. Anyone know of any sales or discounts yet?

How do you pay for a premium account? I clicked sign up now and it took me to account management?

How do you pay for a premium account? I clicked sign up now and it took me to account management?

Looks like subscriptions are down at the moment. There's a news post about it on the main HGL page.

Just picked up a collector's edition for myself, and a normal copy for a relative... the beta was very fun to me as a Diablo-2-style romp, so hopefully the retail is even better as I am hearing :D.

Well I got my CE box, this thing is huge! I read through the graphic novel while I waited on the DirecTV guy to install at my friend's house. Installing now :D

Looks like they are opening up the Halloween content to everyone, subscriber or not due to the subscription issues. Unfortunately they brought the servers down to patch it.

Launch issues are fun, I forgot how frustrating they can be.

I just had my first crash, but it's just as well since they have taken the servers down for patching; since they were having problems with subscriptions they are opening the halloween content up for everyone. :D

After reading the graphic "novel" that came with the CE version of the game and watching the opening video as well as the cutscene video after Act 1, it feels like the story is a lot more defined. Unfortunately the graphic novels seems to conflict a bit with the opening video storywise, but I digress.;)

On an unrelated note, happy halloween everyone! My neighborhood is swarming with trick-or-treaters, we have already gone through 4 bags of candy!:eek:

I just had my first crash, but it's just as well since they have taken the servers down for patching; since they were having problems with subscriptions they are opening the halloween content up for everyone. :D

After reading the graphic "novel" that came with the CE version of the game and watching the opening video as well as the cutscene video after Act 1, it feels like the story is a lot more defined. Unfortunately the graphic novels seems to conflict a bit with the opening video storywise, but I digress.;)

On an unrelated note, happy halloween everyone! My neighborhood is swarming with trick-or-treaters, we have already gone through 4 bags of candy!:eek:

Ahhhh, so THAT is why I can't connect just now after having gotten the Patch Zero update... :).

I'm gonna read the "graphic novel" later tonight... it's a nice addition to the package :), especially since I like comics.

So whats the verdict on the full version? I think I might have to hit up EB Games and get myself a copy.

So whats the verdict on the full version? I think I might have to hit up EB Games and get myself a copy.

If you like Diablo 2 and like the classes of Hellgate def worth a pickup, i find myself remembering the good ole Diablo 2 days of playing an amazing with the marksman but a lot more fun, Try the demo out first if you haven't but i am recommending it for my friends.

If you're after the FPS gameplay, it's great. The guns are varied and interesting. If you're a melee type, the game needs a little work. They only really have 1 handed swords at the moment (last I checked at least), so there is not a lot of variety.

As far as the story and other content, I can't really say. I enjoyed the beta and retail should be better, but I haven't gotten to the non-beta content yet.

haha all their servers are down. I knew it wouldnt be a smooth launch. Their website doesnt even work.

haha all their servers are down. I knew it wouldnt be a smooth launch. Their website doesnt even work.

The fucked up thing is, the game was working fine yesterday and this morning. They took the servers down to patch it and now it doesn't work at all.;) I guess I'll play some TF:2

Programmers leave Blizzard? Why would they do that? "Hm, it would appear every single game we've ever made, ever, sells obscene amounts of copies, practically becomes the mistress of any and every game critic that counts, and even the receptionist here drives a Ferrari. My neighbor doesn't even know my name or what I do, but there is a shrine, an honest-to-god shrine, built in commemoration of my name in Korea for my work on the Protoss sprites for Starcraft. Buuuut..."

Maybe they were fired. Maybe that's why everybody's complaining about the Hellgate demo.

A lot of people left Blizzard on their own accord. The thing is all developers that work for Blizzard are also gamers or artists, not money-hungry corporate robots from EA, and they do not want to work on the same franchise(s) for their entire lives. Some of them had been working in the Warcraft universe since its inception (over 13 years ago) and would like to branch out. Blizzard however is committed to giving what players want from them, which is more of their currently existing franchises.

Some of these people were founding members of Blizzard, like Bill Roper, who was the director for Blizzard Entertainment from 1994-2003 (and vice pres. of Blizzard North), which means he had some contribution to everything Blizzard has made since Warcraft I all the way up to WoW prior to Burning Crusade. He certainly was not fired. He is now the CEO for Flagship Studios, i.e. the people who made Hellgate: London.

I've been playing for pretty much an eternity now, and I would probably play some more if my eyes didn't hurt from a lack of sleep.:D I have found 3 of the "Hallows Eve Visage" masks, which basically make your head look like a flaming red skull (very cool effect!) I have just about found all the parts to make the "Zombot" pet. I'm glad they opened these bonuses up (I haven't subscribed yet) because I would hate to be the schmuck NOT running around with a flaming skull for a head.;)

So far I'm liking the game pretty well. I don't really like the graphics or voice acting too much, but the addiction factor is pretty high... :)

Back