Hellgate London out Tomorrow!.

Hit up the support forums single player section. We're not getting patch1, 2, etc that multiplayer gets -- At least not for several months. The mini-game is broken for all existing chars once you patch, There's a VERY good chance you'll have broken quests, etc. :(

Mini-game? You mean single player? How is it broken?

^^ there are several mini-games I hear, if you pick up a PC Gamer, they review HGL and show you how the mini games work. Apparently there is one that is on the right corner of the screen, above your power supply ball thing, its those three little icons. One represents a dmg type, one a monster type, and one an item type. I guess when you somehow fulfill this game the icons light up and you get a gear drop. Its a bit weird and hard to really explain, but yea i think i get it.

Mini-game? You mean single player? How is it broken?

^^ there are several mini-games I hear, if you pick up a PC Gamer, they review HGL and show you how the mini games work. Apparently there is one that is on the right corner of the screen, above your power supply ball thing, its those three little icons. One represents a dmg type, one a monster type, and one an item type. I guess when you somehow fulfill this game the icons light up and you get a gear drop. Its a bit weird and hard to really explain, but yea i think i get it.

The mini game is how you boost your "luck" stat too: what leads to better drops. Sadly, the current SP patch removes it (literally) from any existing characters you have.

And they have no intention of replacing it for some time, from the sounds of the devs on the hellgate forums.

The mini game is how you boost your "luck" stat too: what leads to better drops. Sadly, the current SP patch removes it (literally) from any existing characters you have.

And they have no intention of replacing it for some time, from the sounds of the devs on the hellgate forums.

Ok, ha ha I was wondering wtf those were for. It's still active in multi-player though? Do you have a link about this?

Ok, ha ha I was wondering wtf those were for. It's still active in multi-player though? Do you have a link about this?

hellgatelondon.com, click forums, click single player, click the big thread there (there's only two). Enjoy, it's 30 pages right now

When you complete the mini game it spawns some loot around you. I can't believe they would take it out of the singleplayer, what a load of bullshit.:rolleyes:

What problem are you having with The Wall quest?

From the support forums, it seems that when you get this quest, it's either really easy or almost impossibly hard. I guess I was unfortunate enough to get the nearly impossible difficulty. Supposedly, if you hit the boss 2 or 3 times with airstrike, you're supposed to kill him and go on, but I've hit him 5 or 6 times and barely move his health at all. I'm hoping that replaying it tonight will help. Of course, my other problem with it is, why does this type of thing even exist? I hate RTS style games, so it's a PITA for me. I wouldn't have a problem if it were a side quest I could skip, but it's part of the main quest and you have to do it, that's what bugs me.

Hit up the support forums single player section. We're not getting patch1, 2, etc that multiplayer gets -- At least not for several months. The mini-game is broken for all existing chars once you patch, There's a VERY good chance you'll have broken quests, etc. :(

I realize the minigame is broken for my existing char, but I haven't had any issues yet with any of the main or side quests. I'm knocking on wood as I say this of course... ;)

That really blows that they are removing it from single player. Shit.

I have yet to group with anyone in mplayer, its like fucking single player with lag. Grrr. .

It seems like I find a new reason to be glad I canceled my pre-order every day. Thank God they had a beta for me to try.

It seems like I find a new reason to be glad I canceled my pre-order every day. Thank God they had a beta for me to try.

Not I, I'm clocking about 6 hours a day into this game with about 5 friends. Best gaming fun since the WoW closed beta :)

Noid, when do you play? I need friends, I bet it would make it so much better

It appears I jinxed myself, and the minigame no longer works for one of my multiplayer characters (lvl 29 summoner) :(. It is "stuck" with all 3 icons completed.

I have just about completed the game, but I am waiting to kill Sydonai until I finish ALL of the quests, and apparently I missed several so I am going back and doing them.

Anybody else experiencing broken shadows or shading in the game? I can turn my camera just a little pixel in this direction and it's like big boxes of something pop up from out of nowhere.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/MrLonghair/hellgateshadowbugs.gif
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/MrLonghair/hellgateshadowbugs2.jpg

HD2600XT, latest drivers, highest settings, etc.

In general I think this game is extremely broken even though the base is alright and enjoyable - if you manage to stay online for more than 90 minutes without encountering
a) a lockup
b) a CTD
c) a memoryleak
d) a dead-end instance forcing you to re-log
e) missing NPC issues
f) your inventory suddenly going missing or random items missing, or being replaced :rolleyes:

IGN reviewed this game - 6.8.

Makes the PC Gamer review look childish and definitely rushed by comparision. I'm starting to think PCG never even played this game.

IGN reviewed this game - 6.8.

Makes the PC Gamer review look childish and definitely rushed by comparision. I'm starting to think PCG never even played this game.

they probably didn't, the review came out before the game even went gold :rolleyes:

Anybody else experiencing broken shadows or shading in the game? I can turn my camera just a little pixel in this direction and it's like big boxes of something pop up from out of nowhere.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/MrLonghair/hellgateshadowbugs.gif
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/MrLonghair/hellgateshadowbugs2.jpg

HD2600XT, latest drivers, highest settings, etc.

Shadow bugs should be the last of flagship's worries.

In general I think this game is extremely broken even though the base is alright and enjoyable - if you manage to stay online for more than 90 minutes without encountering
a) a lockup

Every 1-2 hours for me.

Not one... yet.

c) a memoryleak

I've got a few but the last patch seem to fixed that problem.

d) a dead-end instance forcing you to re-log

This is an annoying one. Happens time to time for me.

e) missing NPC issues

Can you consider NPC spawning on top of each other forcing a re-log so I can talk to the damn NPC for a quest turn in?

f) your inventory suddenly going missing or random items missing, or being replaced :rolleyes:

I haven't seen that... yet. I do have some stupid quest items from act 3 which I cannot destroy or sell. All they do is take up space for a turn in which I got extra items for that quest.

I really bought into the HG:L hype. I didn't try the demo because I heard of the adware installation issue and they had graphics missing in it. I was guessing that the game would be finished by the time of release. To me, Flagship released a unfinished game, it feels like a last minute school project that someone turned in on time just to get some credit.

Can you get hold of a blueprint? Put all the items you cannot get rid of in the blue print, fill up your inventory and then close the blueprint - everything drops to the ground.

You can do the same trick to complete the minigame when you need techs/relics/weapons/armour pickups done.

A guy I play(ed) with got the entire inventory lost thing, myself I seem to get random 1-slot items every time I log on, mods and blueprints. When farming Shulgoth (I stopped because I got scared of losing all my gear by accident) I often saw items I had picked up vanish on my relog, or turn into random items.

I'd bring up my entire experience of how bugged and broken the game is, and how I'm happy that it was made a birthday gift and then how I'm sad that I asked someone to buy me this for my birthday, but that's around 30 kilobytes of text I've collected in a textfile.

Can you get hold of a blueprint? Put all the items you cannot get rid of in the blue print, fill up your inventory and then close the blueprint - everything drops to the ground.

You can do the same trick to complete the minigame when you need techs/relics/weapons/armour pickups done.

Oh. I was wondering why my guildie dropped some items when he was crafting stuff. I always make space when I use a blueprint, craft items or mod items. Thats probably why I haven't seen this bug yet.

Here something that really bugs me. I cannot use the same shield for my guardian when I switch weapons F1<->F2. It seems like there is a set item list for each quick weapon switch from F1,F2 and F3.

Here something that really bugs me. I cannot use the same shield for my guardian when I switch weapons F1<->F2. It seems like there is a set item list for each quick weapon switch from F1,F2 and F3.

I've duped twohanded weapons by switching weapons in and out while pressing F1 F2 F3 on and off, still works for me because of the way the UI is inherently slow as fook.

The reason this game gets high reviews is because most of the reviewers play offline, which is a completely separate executable, and more.

I dunno, call me crazy, but I like it. Playing with friends is a hoot, especially running around and blowing the hell out of stuff.

I dunno, call me crazy, but I like it. Playing with friends is a hoot, especially running around and blowing the hell out of stuff.

The core gameplay is fun no doubt. But the bugs and some mmo elements I Flagship wish they implemented take some of the fun out for me.

I'm getting reports that ATI cards crash a lot more often and suffer more lockups, UI related and seemingly random ones than Nvidia cards.

So I have to ask them to change the slogan to "Nvidia - The Only Way It Can Be Played".

I can confirm the mouse sync problem in the HUD, I thought it was just me, until now. Let's hope a patch fixes this issue soon.

It still isn't working. I died because I had to use a quest item to kill a boss, and the damn interface was so laggy I couldn't move the mouse over to the item and right click on it fast enough.

The game is fun, and has potential, but multiplayer is a train wreck right now. As I posted in the screen shots thread, just last night i had to restart the game 4 times due to weird bugs like leaving a level and getting stuck in the *floor* and re-entering and exiting the level did not fix it, vanishing NPCs, transparent items, and the ever-present crash to the desktop with a memory leak upon switching levels. I'm not subscribing until there is something actually worth subscribing for.

It is a real shame because I have been waiting for this game forever, and the bugs in it really hinder my enjoyment.

Is the multiplayer working for any of you? I can log in and choose my character, but then he just sits there and nothing happens. :confused:

I have a lvl 10 Guardian in single player though. I think once they iron out the story and dialogue - making sure to put in voice overs instead of just text to read - this will be an awesome game. As of now its just fun.

I got it. I'm satisfied with the fact that at 1280x1024, with most settings on high, it runs like a dream on my roughly 2-year-old setup. :D

Yeah my 7900gs runs everything maxed at 1680x1050. I turned the Dynamic Lights off though. I seriously couldn't tell the difference.

I'm getting reports that ATI cards crash a lot more often and suffer more lockups, UI related and seemingly random ones than Nvidia cards.

So I have to ask them to change the slogan to "Nvidia - The Only Way It Can Be Played".

Both ATI and Nvidia crash about the same. I have a friend with a 8800GTS and he crashes as much as me. Sometimes we crash at the same time. Its weird. Flagship does have a fix and it should be released soon.

As for LAN play, they didnt include it since they thought it would reduce the amount of hacked items.

They could make closed lan games, so u can't carry it to multiplayer... if that would be their problem, but it's sure more becouse of money :rolleyes: and pirate gamers...

If they would just get the damn multiplayer to work you wouldn't need lan necessarily.

Anyways. I really hope they change the level design in some places. I'm tired as fuck from going through the hell rifts into the same damn little floating island thing. :mad:

yeah I hear ya, I just reached lvl 30 and Am in act 5 , I have to tell that its starting to get pretty boring, same quests to do, "go activate this" "go kill this guy" and you dont even get good xp for completing them, the only thing that keeps me coming back to it at this point is upgrading my items.

I had very high expectations for this game, which prolly wasnt a good idea from the get go, but I really want to like this game, hopefully they will keep updating it, if not, its destined to be a dust collector.

If they would just get the damn multiplayer to work you wouldn't need lan necessarily.

No, my friend is coming to my place and we put a lan together than we play, eat, drink and so on, have fun till night, then a little sleep and play some more, but now? There is no lan... shame on flagship, they loose here.

Levels will maybe come in future. But then for subscribers maybe :D.

Back