Hellgate London out Tomorrow!.

Yawn. The beta and the BS surrounding the demo soured me on this game. I'll be picking up The Witcher instead.

Supposed to be tomorrow at midnight. I haven't heard of any midnight release parties though.

I'm passing on this game for now. Too many other games out right now that are actually fun. Maybe next year when they figure out how to make Hellgate fun I'll buy.

Meh.

I'll pass unless they hame completely reworked the gameplay from the demo, which is almost impossible because of the lack of time they had.

I agree with everyone else, it was a big disappointment, and paying $10 a month for the online stuff is ridiculous. Either make it a real mmo or release expansions/dlc.

I'm not getting either, huge disappointment.

Some of the beta testers said it really gets fun after lvl 10. I liked PC Gamers review so Im picking it up. They gave it a 89% and the majority of the time I've found myself agreeing with them. They were impartial on the subscrition feature. They said wait a few months for it to mature and then sign up if you want the extras. From what I gather there is enough game without subscribing to justify $40 at Circuit City this week. ;)

I agree with spaceman spiff. Just release an expansion. Everyone wants to create subscription models to milk us monthly. Corporations and their greed.

I could not for the life of me get that game to run, so I canceled my pre-order. It's not my pc, a small chance that it is my network, but nothing I'm going to change to play the game. So, whatever, maybe in a few months when it kicks in.

I liked the demo...even if it doesn't really end.
I DL'ed the demo 2 weeks ago and never really messed with it and more or less just wrote it off. Yesterday morning I finally played it for a little while and was hooked.
I'm not sure I'll be getting it this week (too many other games!) but I'll be grabbing this one sometime in the next month or two.

And I just realized that I missed a collector's edition preorder I meant to cancel.

Shit. :(

Mine will be coming in Wednesday. I've decided I'm going to make a gun-toting guardian. I hope the character names I want aren't taken :(.

I was salivating for Hellgate for nearly 2 years... until I tried the demo. What a disappointment! :( I may pick up the game once it dips to bargain barrel prices, but several others (COD4, Crysis, The Witcher, Culpa Innata) are on my must buy list well ahead of Hellgate.

Some of the beta testers said it really gets fun after lvl 10. I liked PC Gamers review so Im picking it up. They gave it a 89% and the majority of the time I've found myself agreeing with them. They were impartial on the subscrition feature. They said wait a few months for it to mature and then sign up if you want the extras. From what I gather there is enough game without subscribing to justify $40 at Circuit City this week. ;)

I agree with spaceman spiff. Just release an expansion. Everyone wants to create subscription models to milk us monthly. Corporations and their greed.

I was a beta tester, and it is indeed enough content for $40 by far, just don't subscribe yet :).

I'll be picking up my copy, it needs work but there's enough to keep me busy for a little while.

circuit city's website says it's available wednesday but the game comes out tomorrow....

The Witcher is out Tommorow. Spend your $$ on that.

I'm sure I'll still be playing Hellgate long after you've gone through The Witcher and are bored of it. The Witcher may be a good game, but with no multiplayer and only one class/character I can't see it keeping me busy for long.

I'm sure I'll still be playing Hellgate long after you've gone through The Witcher and are bored of it. The Witcher may be a good game, but with no multiplayer and only one class/character I can't see it keeping me busy for long.

Good point. I hope Hellgate gets up to speed. Lately though, I have no faith in such developments actually occurring.

Wow, the price has dropped to $39.95 already? Maybe it won't be as long as I initially thought before HG reaches the bargain barrel.

I have read mixed reviews so I am going to have to wait to see what you guys think when you get the full version.

but it's a decent game... it's like playing with a ball for an hour, or poo forever.

and you're relying on EA's 0 day patch to make it work too.

but it's a decent game... it's like playing with a ball for an hour, or poo forever.

and you're relying on EA's 0 day patch to make it work too.

We get your point, you don't like it. Your post was just childish however, pretty weak I must say. At this point those of us who are buying it know what we are getting into, so your input is not needed. Those that are still undecided at this point will wait for reviews/impressions of the retail code which you haven't played. You bashing the game does nothing.

I must've been living in a cave for the past two years or something. Half the people I see on this board are talking about how they've been waiting for this game for multiple years, whereas the first I heard of it was a month ago. Granted, 75% of those people said they weren't excited at all after the "beta" (which seems to be a fancy word for "demo" these days) and I was /completely/ underwhelmed after watching a preview video at IGN to see what the fuss was all about. Is there some unstoppable hype machine that I managed to completely miss? What seemed so desperately appealing about this game to everybody in the first place?

It's made by a few of the developers who originally helped make the Diablo series. They left Blizzard, and this is their Diablo esque game.

I must've been living in a cave for the past two years or something. Half the people I see on this board are talking about how they've been waiting for this game for multiple years, whereas the first I heard of it was a month ago. Granted, 75% of those people said they weren't excited at all after the "beta" (which seems to be a fancy word for "demo" these days) and I was /completely/ underwhelmed after watching a preview video at IGN to see what the fuss was all about. Is there some unstoppable hype machine that I managed to completely miss? What seemed so desperately appealing about this game to everybody in the first place?

It's made by the main people behind Diablo 2.

Crazy all the hate for Hellgate. I only played the beta for a week and was absolutely hooked. Even got 2 of my coworkers hooked on it and all of us await the opening of the servers for the pre-order beta people to be able to login and get a day headstart tomorrow.
Its crazy fun.

Crazy all the hate for Hellgate. I only played the beta for a week and was absolutely hooked. Even got 2 of my coworkers hooked on it and all of us await the opening of the servers for the pre-order beta people to be able to login and get a day headstart tomorrow.
Its crazy fun.

Don't mind lopoetve et. al, they were probably molested by flagship studios as children. I just don't get how someone can have so much animosity for a game they haven't paid a dime for. :rolleyes:

We get it, you don't like the game, no need to keep trolling. All you are doing is bumping the thread and exposing more people to the game. If you really hated the game you would let the HG:L threads die so that people that haven't heard of the game don't stumble upon it and make the mistake of buying the game.:rolleyes:

On that note, I will hopefully be getting my copy Wednesday morning! I think my first character is going to be a gun wielding guardian. Guardian was one of my favorite classes in beta, and the little time I spent playing around with using guns showed a lot of promise.

Programmers leave Blizzard? Why would they do that? "Hm, it would appear every single game we've ever made, ever, sells obscene amounts of copies, practically becomes the mistress of any and every game critic that counts, and even the receptionist here drives a Ferrari. My neighbor doesn't even know my name or what I do, but there is a shrine, an honest-to-god shrine, built in commemoration of my name in Korea for my work on the Protoss sprites for Starcraft. Buuuut..."

Maybe they were fired. Maybe that's why everybody's complaining about the Hellgate demo.

Don't mind lopoetve et. al, they were probably molested by flagship studios as children. We get it, you don't like the game, no need to keep trolling.
"Hey guys, I find it to be really immature that you are incapable of suppressing the urge to post in a thread regarding a subject you find to be distasteful. Why is it so hard for people to just turn the other cheek these days? BTW U WERE MOLESTED LOLOL

P.S. Stop trolling"

Ill pick this game and be paying the fee. Played every class to 22 in the alpha/beta and Im not sure what I wanna make first. I probably will make a Guardian as it was my favorite class.

Don't mind lopoetve et. al, they were probably molested by flagship studios as children. I just don't get how someone can have so much animosity for a game they haven't paid a dime for. :rolleyes:

We get it, you don't like the game, no need to keep trolling. All you are doing is bumping the thread and exposing more people to the game. If you really hated the game you would let the HG:L threads die so that people that haven't heard of the game don't stumble upon it and make the mistake of buying the game.:rolleyes:

On that note, I will hopefully be getting my copy Wednesday morning! I think my first character is going to be a gun wielding guardian. Guardian was one of my favorite classes in beta, and the little time I spent playing around with using guns showed a lot of promise.

ummmm lopoetve had a preorder, so yea, he did pay for it... and decided he wanted his money back.

"Hey guys, I find it to be really immature that you are incapable of suppressing the urge to post in a thread regarding a subject you find to be distasteful. Why is it so hard for people to just turn the other cheek these days? BTW U WERE MOLESTED LOLOL

P.S. Stop trolling"

You could at least make some fraction of your post on-topic.

P.S. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

ummmm lopoetve had a preorder, so yea, he did pay for it... and decided he wanted his money back.
So that would make his net loss what?

My point was that I wouldn't blame someone for bashing a game constantly if they bought it and then it sucked. I would be pissed off too if I shelled out $60+ for a game and it sucked. It's not even out yet though and nobody is out any money. Didn't like the beta? Cancel your pre-order.

Didn't they say they would open the server with patch 0 for the beta testers before the game hits?

I was going to give the game another try to see if any of my concerns were fixed with the latest magic build but looks like things have been down for days.

You could at least make some fraction of your post on-topic.

P.S. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

So that would make his net loss what?

My point was that I wouldn't blame someone for bashing a game constantly if they bought it and then it sucked. I would be pissed off too if I shelled out $60+ for a game and it sucked. It's not even out yet though and nobody is out any money. Didn't like the beta? Cancel your pre-order.
I have as much a right to state my opinion as you do.

Net loss so far was about $5, what I lost on the preorder (did it from a local store that doesn't refund preorders :()

Back