Hellgate London billing and stuff

zombix

[H]ard|Gawd
Has billing been fixed yet, where they dont charge double?

Im SOOO tempted to buy HGL just cant decide...

I played the demo, it was meh.. But i heard that the game branchs out and changes way more then the demo has to offer.

Anyways gimme gimme gimme.

fuck nevermind i read a review on the game and im not gonna pick it up...

Why don't you visit the forums and find out? They'd be a better source of info than here probably. FYI I wouldn't subscribe personally. The game is so overly bugged and unstable that you're just going to give yourself a headache. Wait till they get things ironed out. Just my opinion.

Why don't you visit the forums and find out? They'd be a better source of info than here probably. FYI I wouldn't subscribe personally. The game is so overly bugged and unstable that you're just going to give yourself a headache. Wait till they get things ironed out. Just my opinion.

AFAIK, you can only visit the forums, if you have an account, which requires you to buy the game anyway. At least that's what I gathered in a couple of threads about this game. Someone with more knowledge on the subject, may correct me.

Hmmmm you may be right. I purchased the game so I have an account. I have no issues now that I've gone back to XP but in Vista the game was unplayable and looked horrible. I cant complain myself now as everything is working ok, there are a shit ton of bugs though. Most reviews I've seen are spot on. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have bought it.

I subscribed on a lark, and only got charged once. I'm typically playing on Vista, on DX9 mode because I'm using a 7900GTX and I've not noticed a ton of bugs or anything.

I started playing HG a week ago, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I almost passed it up when I read what others were saying about it, but I'm glad I tried it for myself, cause it's pretty good. The game is what it is, another hack and slash like Diablo and TQ, and that's exactly what it is supposed to be and that's exactly what I was looking for. I guess I'm lucky, as I haven't run into any bugs yet, playing on WinXP (*knock on wood). I don't see myself paying for any subscription service. Not worth it IMO.

Has billing been fixed yet, where they dont charge double?

Im SOOO tempted to buy HGL just cant decide...

I played the demo, it was meh.. But i heard that the game branchs out and changes way more then the demo has to offer.

Anyways gimme gimme gimme.

Don't worry about billing, there is really no need to subscribe. The game can be a lot of fun, especially with friends. There are still plenty of bugs, but for most people the bugs do not detract from gameplay significantly.

AFAIK, you can only visit the forums, if you have an account, which requires you to buy the game anyway. At least that's what I gathered in a couple of threads about this game. Someone with more knowledge on the subject, may correct me.

Your right,you HAVE to have a copy,as its tied to your 'key'

My wife and I play,and will be playing more after a few more patches.

Well i love hack and slash games like the diablo series which i probably would have loved HGL. But I cannot stand repetitive game play like same levels over and over again.

Which from the reviews is what mostly this game is. Am I wrong?

Well i love hack and slash games like the diablo series which i probably would have loved HGL. But I cannot stand repetitive game play like same levels over and over again.

Which from the reviews is what mostly this game is. Am I wrong?

Yes, well.....no. The monsters get harder also. :p

I'm sure you have but haven't noticed yet. Most are not game breaking bugs but there are quite a lot.

After a return visit to the main forums after a week to see whats going on (as my wife and I wanted to play tonight).... I find a 104+ page thread on horrid SP bugs,and smart ass replies from the devs and 'techs'.

A lot of talk of people having to ditch level 20 to 31 level + characters and start over from complete scratch,for the second or third time,or more !!,as the latest patch has again broken the game,or the characters.A quick hour long rough count puts the SP bugs in the low hundreds,and multi in the 50 to 60 ? maybe 75~ + bugs,some major,many minor.The patcher is very much broken.There is talk of a stand alone patch being made available in the coming weeks or so,as many cannot dl it without serious corruption issues,etc.

The last SP patch actually breaks the game for seemingly many. :) Shipped to early ? Some were saying by a month or two,I am figuring its closer to a year.

I was at level 5 with a blademaster,and my wife @ 7th with her summuner.Good thing we stopped there and waited.Might have to wait until Q108 to really get into it.At least one more patch before the game is in a truly playable state.

The only problems I have had with this game have been in Vista. SP in XP Pro has been flawless for me. Have not tried MP yet. In Vista I get a weapon disapearing from my hand on the screen after a few hours and the game will crash according to Vista from a video driver has stopped working error.

Back