Hellblade: Seuna's Sacrifice VR Edition Is a Free Upgrade to the Original Game

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice VR Edition is a free VR upgrade for existing owners of the game and will be available July 31, 2018 on Steam. The award winning Ninja Theory development team is particularly proud of the optimizations that were performed on the game to get it to the 90 FPS mark for VR. The side effect of this is that the console and PC versions of the game are much more optimized also! You will need a minimum of an Nvidia GTX 1080 video card for the Steam VR version and no PlayStation VR content was announced as Microsoft recently acquired the studio. Playstation 4 owners did get a free HDR patch.

The VR Edition of Hellblade features Senua's full journey from the original game plus additional experimental game modes and fully customisable comfort options. You can experience Hellblade in VR from July 31st on Oculus Rift or HTC Vive and the VR Edition will be available for free to those that own or purchase the original Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice on Steam.

Dammit MS...I’d love to play this PSVR. The game is pretty immersive as is. I wouldn’t mind double dipping on PC except for a complete lack of any VR for my computer.

game uses one of my favorite songs of all time as the ending theme. Makes me happy. Andy's part of the music team also which shocked me.

I thought the most interesting part was when he stated the optimizations really benefited 2D. Guess that is what happens when you aim high.

Oh man, this thing would be terrifying in VR. Great visuals and theme would be a good fit for virtual gaming I would imagine.

That game would be intense in VR.
Not sure I would be able to play it for very long. Some of the maps were very intense. The area that the main character is trying to avoid confrontation in the dark only using sound comes to mind.

That game would be intense in VR.
Not sure I would be able to play it for very long. Some of the maps were very intense. The area that the main character is trying to avoid confrontation in the dark only using sound comes to mind.

I barely started the game before work got insane a few months ago. I'm very much looking forward to exactly that section with good headphones screwed straight into the flight or fight center of my brain.

Back