Held History in my hand.

floridateddybear

Limp Gawd
Just had a customer bring in an Apple 2+ with 48k, and floppy drive to show me. was wondering what it was worth/would I buy it..

well, its appears to be genuine, NEW in box (both the computer and floppy drive boxes are in excellent condition).. matching numbers on box and equipment!

Unfortunately I wasnt able to make an offer (no $$ here or I would have).

I wasnt able to test the computer to see if it worked (who has a composite input monitor around these days?)

Those 2+ sold around a million. My high school was still using them for the entry-level basic programming class in 1997, so still quite common to find in-use 20 years ago.

And I think after the first year every one of them shipped with 48k, so that's also not very rare.

The E and C were a lot more common, but the Plus is still not rare. Finding a working model shouldn't be very expensive.

IF you want THIS PARTICULAR PIECE of shiny, then you'd better do some research. Or the seller is likely to take you for a ride..

Last edited:
At least take a spin on eBay to see what the market is like. Original packaging is rare - it's probably worth more than the computer inside to true collectors - just saying. Then again if the computer and boxes matched, well there you go; better still.

Back