Hehe, I want one of these fans :-)

cyclone3d

[H]F Junkie
Well, I decided that my lowly 32cfm 80mm fan that is cooling my CPU just isn't cutting it any more... I mean... I can actually feel warm air being blown from the heatsink.. totally unacceptable :-D

Anyway, I rememebred somebody mentioning an 84cfm fan somewhere..

So, I went to newegg and looked at the reviews... These things are sooo funny.. anyway, here are some excerpts from the reviews.. hehe, look at all the typos... makes ya think the people who have them are having a hard time concentrating.

"If you sit with your computer near your head I wouldnt recomend them."

"It sounds like a C-130 coming in for a landing"

"these fan would make a hair dryer shiver with fear for noise comparisons!!!"

"Once i put this in my case and powered it up, it sounded like a Dogde Viper was in my room!"

"If you don't mind your computer sounding like a small prop. plane taxi'in down the runway for take off, this is the fan for you."

"You can't beat the cooling power, so enjoy the relaxing white noise and buy this fan"

"Yeah, its that loud. It scares my cat."

"My computer was pretty loud before I installed these, but when I cranked up with two of these things in my computer, I almost fell out the chair."

"A few of my wires were moving to the air blowing in through the intakes!"

"I had to turn the closed-captioning on my tv because I can't hear it anymore. HAhHA. These things are hardcore and heavy duty. I had them running while I reached into my case and I knocked my arm up against the blades of one- tore a huge nasty deep gash in my arm- I really should get stitches. I think if you stuck a pencil in one of these fans while it was running, it would chew the pencil off and keep going!!"

"I put two of these on my case side panel and it blew over. I have to put bricks on my case to hold it down. I got my bricks from home depot."

"I got a noise pollution ticket from the police"

"It can levitate a CD 6" above it"

Which fan is this exactly? Got a link?

But yes, those comments are hilarious :)

cyclone3d said:
"Yeah, its that loud. It scares my cat."

This is good. Kitty could get sucked in if kitty gets too close. Kitty is not good for the innards of a pc when kitty is passed through the Vantec Tornado Cat Chipper and PC Cooler..

I have 2 of these, the 80mm and 92mm versions. They are LOUD. The 92mm version is a deeper pitch sound so it doesn't sound as loud as the 80mm version. I don't use mine anymore because I value a quiet room now rather then pure force/power.

I had a Tornado... still do.... but its NEVER going in any case in this house again.

lmao! That was the best thing I've read in a long time!

thanks,...I needed that...

LOL, and I thought my 24dB fan was bad (I can hear a gently whine, makes for great white noise though). :D

Why in god's name would you want a Tornado or a Delta? lol

Yeah I got one of those .. and it was so loud .. my wife was like no way that computer is staying on all the time LOL it just to damm loud

i got one of those fans.. so i shoved it into my DDR machine since u can't hear it anyway cause normally u don't play that game wit the volume on low

CrimandEvil said:
Why in god's name would you want a Tornado or a Delta? lol
Only thing I can think of is that you need the absolute best aircooling possible, and you're convinced that you won't be bothered by the noise.

Of course, after a couple of days/weeks you've either gone deaf, in which case you are indeed no longer bothered by the noise, or you've ripped the fan out of the system it was in and have it hanging from the side of your monitor as a kind of warning ;)

Dark Ember said:
I bet I couldn't hear that over my defunct 190CFM Delta... :eek:

ya i have one of those too, i put it on a shuttle using an 80-120mm adapter. it's a beast alright.

The same people who complain about fan noise prob have no trouble listening to music cranked up to bleed levels...go figure.

I have a couple of huge Delta fans... sat in my parts box, haha... plugged 'em in once and was like... must... cut... power... to.. computer... god, those things are insane. So I run a YS.TECH 120mm intake and a low volt mod Sunon 120mm exhaust with a few Evercool low noise 80mm fans and a YS.TECH 68CFM 92mm on the CPU cooler, mmm SLK900U :) Replaced the power supply fans with a low noise Sunon 92mm and low noise Evercool 80mm, always helps to remove heat from the CPU/AGP area, 3C to 5C drop in load temps is alway fun :)

I guess that's always the problem with air cooling, it's a constant balance between airflow and noise, you really have to monitor temps and find just enough airflow... I keep looking sideways at water cooling but it just isn't common sense :D One day I'll crack though, I'm sure and step across to the dark side.

cyclone3d said:
"I put two of these on my case side panel and it blew over. I have to put bricks on my case to hold it down. I got my bricks from home depot."

LOL That is great.

To be entirely honest, I'm probably going to have to buy one of those high CFM fans at least once just to try it.

Who wants to be the first to see how many tornado's they can fit on their sidepanel? Hell, we could get some Delta fans, a few wheels, and make a air propelled computer case! It goes three feet before unplugging itself from the wall :D

theelviscerator said:
The same people who complain about fan noise prob have no trouble listening to music cranked up to bleed levels...go figure.

eh, bit of a difference. at least there's a "rhythm" or "beat" so it's not nearly as bad as trash noise. plus you could always turn down the music. ;)

The same people who complain about fan noise prob have no trouble listening to music cranked up to bleed levels.

I had my subwoofer vibrate everything but my monitor off of the desk once. That was awesome until I tried to reorganize my CD's again.

I want to know how many of those fans it will take to make the entire computer hover. THAT would be cool. Build a skirt on the bottom of the case and fire those fans up.

Pecos said:
I want to know how many of those fans it will take to make the entire computer hover. THAT would be cool. Build a skirt on the bottom of the case and fire those fans up.
You might be able to build it, but I doubt you'd live to see whether it really hovers after you fire the thing up.

The resonance from the noise inside your skull liquifying your brain and all that...

I have two 92 mm tornados myself but i have a fan controller so i can adjust the white noise level well! :p

Heh, I just bought 2 80mm tornados to use as as exhaust fans, but with a FAN CONTROLLER!! There's no way I'm gonna try and sleep in the same room as two 50 dBA fans with a 40 dBA 120mm fan...I would go nuts from insomnia.

Btw, props to vantec for making a 3.5" drive bay fan controller...probably from feedback about the tornados...

I woud like to take this post to point out that a normal conversation is rated at around 60db these things are 50db. That is pretty loud, seriously a air conditioner isnt that loud.

I had to get an idea of the sheer magnitude of this thing so I did a google search...

2 vids from The Adrenaline Vault (thier at the bottom, zip files in .wmv format)

The first is of the fan "hovering" over the table. The second is of the fan getting turned on, watch this one to see the torgue of the fan whip the wires around!

Its funny people complain about some noise. The noise helps me sleep big time. I can't hear little things outside, in the house, etc. Its like free white noise! Its great! :D

meh... they aren't that bad. i have two tornados (80mm and 92mm) i'm only using the 80mm as a cpu fan (no blowhole for the 92mm in my current case) and i can sleep with it at full (and no side panel, and the fan blowing out for more noise) without any problems. the problem comes from having to turn up my music a bit more than usual. so i 7 volted it, leaving it blowing out. helped for ~3 days, then started clicking like mofoing crazy. so i flipped it over to blow into the heatsink, and now it seems to be alright (and now my comp has been up for another 3 days without any issues, so i think it is good)

of course, i have had better (and a lot worse) than my current setup. at one point, i had the 80mm on the cpu, the 92mm as a top exhaust, and a 80mm sf2 (all on full volts) in a case with no side panels at all (my current one is only missing the one on the left)

and i've had watercooling (currently down for repairs... adding 4x 120mm panaflos to the radiator:D) which made me realize how much noise my HDD actually makes... it is worse than my brother's seagate (both are seagate 7200.7's of the 120gb varient) mine just clicks...

anywho enough ranting. if you can't stand the noise get some headphones (closed $30 'reference' ones from best buy work great... sound pretty decent too... i think the ones i had were awia or something like that... they had a mute button on one cup) if you can't stand the headphons get watercooling:p

I have 3 of them in my case. 2 80mm and one 92mm. I've only turned them on a couple times since I went water, but when my system was all air, I couldn't imaging running them without a rheobus. I made a vid a while back of the 92mm one pulling an index card against the intake from 6 inches away. I also had a clip where a lighter was put out over 3 feet from the exhaust side.
When I first got them, I remember thinking that any fan that had stator blades has got to be [H]ardcore. :eek:

Friends and I were at a huge LAN party (500 people), those things by themselves are pretty loud, but the loudest thing was a 80 mm Tornado, 2 rows of computer away (about 15 feet). Those things are damn powerful.

rapace said:
ROFL its got stators?

vantectornado_det.jpg

Its fans like this that made me obsessed with making a silent PC.

The only fan I currently run is my PSU fan, everything else is passive including the video card. I remember when I had 4 deltas and then trying to read stuff online, I was miserable and didn't want to turn my system on.

Back