Heavy Metal

Corrugated

Limp Gawd
This is a test: If this were a real video it would have been edited. More to follow.

Heavy Metal Test Video

Enjoy,

Corrugated

p.s. If you see the link removed, it's because it has killed my server. :)

HOLY JUMPING JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!!!! Does that thing have quadristeer because it can do 360s like nothing i've ever seen. Really sweet. This mod has really progressed since I first saw it last year. Top notch. Very original.

Originally posted by KoZLop
What a waste on a perfect motherboard. :rolleyes:

What waste on what motherboard? The first one that was crushed was defective.

Corg8d

OMFG that was awesome.....what you got running that thing? Its electric im taking it from the sound hehe.

hmmm - i'm no expert...but i remember someone telling me about the effects of motion on harddisks (i.e. inertia and jerking it around a lot); maybe he was wrong but it did seem like it was a bad idea...

so while watching the test video i'm thinking "might as well just strap it to a nascar racer and slam it into one of the outer walls"...

someone want to straighten me out?

That depends on how the hard drive is mounted. I'm no expert either but I believe that once the read/write heads are seated (meaning there is no power) they can withstand up to 300Gs or something like that. I am pretty sure that I read that on my Seagate Barracuda. Therefore it is suffice to say that those 3600 degree spins wouldn't generate that many Gs so as to start whipping the heads around and possibly damaging the disk platters. Only my guess, someone more knowledgeable can correct me if i am wrong.

First, keep in mind that everything was planned with a bumpy ride in mind. The hard drives are SCSI and therefore park their heads off the platter (to the best of my knowledge) and are mounted in shock absorbing mounts. The heatsinks are mounted to steel plates behind the motherboard so as to not damage the motherboard during the spins. Finally, the video card is a Nvida 5900 Ultra that takes up 2 slots for better stability.

Planning, planning, planning. I haven't had any damage due to running it around since it has become powered.

Corrugated

I've been following this project for a while... and I will say that this is the SICKEST thing I have ever seen.

@#$%^&*((ING AWSOME! That case is like a dream... thanks for sharing.

the wheels were a bit much , but the animal drawing on the side looked pretty good. A nice mod.

you were on techtv right..

i mean the computer... he enter the mod contest but was not allow becasue of it size

Originally posted by allan_leung
you were on techtv right..

i mean the computer... he enter the mod contest but was not allow becasue of it size

You are correct.

Corrugated

Holy Corrugated Cardoboard Batman!!!

I feel like I know this PC...I saw it for the first time about a year ago on www.twistedmods.com . Even then, when I didn't know you put motors in it it was one of the coolest PC's I've ever seen.

I'm 34 and remember the Heavy Metal movie from when I was a kid, so the name is something I can really relate too, that and the fact that I have been dabbling in RC cars since before Heavy Metal came out... Mix that with a love of PC's and you pretty much nailed it for me!!!

Did you do all the fabrication yourself? Do you have a friend with a metal shop? What kind of motors are you using? Wheelchair motors? I thought you ran Twisted, do you?

How do you find time to be a major supplier of corrugated materials? That is what you do isn't it? Why can't my boss be more like you? Hell, I sell TOYS ( www.kroegerinc.com) for a distributor for crying out loud and my boss is dry as dust!!! Need any sales people in Toronto Canada???

Anyway...Cool case. VERY impressive!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

Andy
:D

That thing reminds me of a souped up Honda Element!
;) ;)

I wish i had the $$$ to do that, but IT department in Las Vegas makes about the same as a toilet cleaner in Haiti. heh.

saw this in max pc, and was impressed THEN.....now more. This is the kind of dedication to a project you dont see often.;)

That isn't a trailer, it is the charger/powerstrip. To understand better, watch the test video on the previous page.

Corrugated

Back