Heavy Metal Nintendo 64

Man that consoles has alot of curves. GameCube is more my skill level.

Just saw the end. Not for indoor use, lol

Last edited:
Am I the only purist around here that looks at stuff like this with dread that they are essentially destroying a piece of history when doing stuff like this? I know there are plenty of N64s out there but I just think about what the state of all these machines will be like in 30,40,50 years.

Am I the only purist around here that looks at stuff like this with dread that they are essentially destroying a piece of history when doing stuff like this? I know there are plenty of N64s out there but I just think about what the state of all these machines will be like in 30,40,50 years.

He didn't destroy it. It still works.

He didn't destroy it. It still works.

I guess I should have specified what I meant meaning maintaining the original look of it. The function can be emulated even, but I was thinking of the original look.

I guess I should have specified what I meant meaning maintaining the original look of it. The function can be emulated even, but I was thinking of the original look.

I have more of a problem with the collector and preservation mentality myself. The "it sits in this glass case" or "I never took it out of the plastic" sort of shit. Sure, there should be ONE of everything ever made in museum quality somewhere, but otherwise, if it's not being used what is it really doing? Taking up space. If someone wants to mod the case, transplant the guts, or anything else, I'm all for it. However, I'm also not into the "let's destroy this perfectly good item for clicks" sort of thing like shooting 50 caliber holes in things that still work.

All that said, I still think seeing old computers and consoles that have been taken very good care of is great. I like seeing restoration work as well. I just that I think they should be enjoyed rather than kept under glass.

I have more of a problem with the collector and preservation mentality myself. The "it sits in this glass case" or "I never took it out of the plastic" sort of shit. Sure, there should be ONE of everything ever made in museum quality somewhere, but otherwise, if it's not being used what is it really doing? Taking up space. If someone wants to mod the case, transplant the guts, or anything else, I'm all for it. However, I'm also not into the "let's destroy this perfectly good item for clicks" sort of thing like shooting 50 caliber holes in things that still work.

All that said, I still think seeing old computers and consoles that have been taken very good care of is great. I like seeing restoration work as well. I just that I think they should be enjoyed rather than kept under glass.

Totally agree. I have a Nintendo 64 as well as a bunch of other consoles on display in my office all hooked up to a single TV above them, and they are all setup and ready to be used. Every once in a while if I am feeling nostalgic I will turn one on and play a game and enjoy it. The consoles in my collection are all of a sentimental value to me so I just can't imagine modifying any of them.

Yea I could understand the collectable aspect of anything. Like people buying up $300 collectors edition of games. None of it really is collectable and just cheap Chinese junk that will end up in the dump.

Back