HeatWare Beta Test

I did too :), if anyone that did not has an awesome idea for changes to heatware, post it here

Last edited:
Yep, I did as well. Got the first email about a week ago and was actually testing it today a couple of times. :p

Yes I lost 19 or so evals..... Down to 240 from 259
I lost like 60, he's cleaning up the database. Something about Evals from old accounts that users never registered I to the new system will be purged. The older the account, the more it will affect you.

Last edited:
I received the emails as well, and it sounds like he's already made some of the changes he discussed

Right from the heat site:

Latest News
Thu, Feb 25th 2016 2:39pm Posted by heat23
HeatWare Improvements

Hello everyone! For the past few months I've been working on re-writing the site's backend to make it more flexible/scalable. I am very happy to announce that this was task was a success and I was able to include some usability improvements to the UI. One thing you will see missing the Trade Organizer. I have decided to remove this feature since it was not used as extensively as I hoped it would.

My primary goal for the site over the next couple months, is to improve the turnaround time for Support issues. I will be enlisting help from forum moderators and senior HeatWare members for this task. Another goal is to listen to feedback from the community and make additional enhancements to the site.

Rest-assured that after 17 years, I am still committed to HeatWare being the go-to resource for user feedback.

I would like to thank the handful of "beta" testers that helped make this new release success!

heat

Just came in to see if anyone else had noticed their feedback being reduced. Mine dropped from 107 late last year to 103 today. Not a big drop but a drop either way. Looks like I'm not alone.

Just came in to see if anyone else had noticed their feedback being reduced. Mine dropped from 107 late last year to 103 today. Not a big drop but a drop either way. Looks like I'm not alone.
he did some cleanup, the older the account, the more it was affected. I lost somewhere in the range of 150 myself.

Details of the clean up.

There have been some exciting changes at HeatWare over the last couple months that I wanted to share with you!
Website Improvements
  • HeatWare backend has been 100% re-written from scratch with improved flexibility and maintainability
  • Streamlined editing of account profile
  • Post evaluations/feedback with fewer clicks
  • Automatically send e-mail reminders if you owe someone feedback
  • Popup alerts on sign-in if you have new messgaes or have outstanding feedback requests
  • Display a banner on user's page with the number of people waiting for feedback from them
  • Shortened user profile links. Old: heatware.com/eval.php?id=2 New: heatware.com/u/2
  • Created a REST API for forums to integrate user feedback data from HeatWare
  • Opened a community forum for announcements, comments and suggestions.
  • Major cleanup of user accounts -- Keep your account information up to date!
User Support
I am well aware of the slow or lack of responses to support requests. Part of the issue was that our support email was spammed with over 100,000 emails and took quite some time to clean it up. In addition,HeatWare is a hobby for me and life got very busy and I could not allocate the amount of time necessary to keep up with the emails. However, I will be making a strong effort in efficiently responding to support requests. Support is no longer a one-man show. I have formed a small committee of well-established traders from the community to handle feedback disputes. They have already been working very hard behind the scenes the past month in resolving disputes and I am thrilled to have them aboard!
HeatWare Needs Your Help!
Now that we established that HeatWare is alive and well...This site's longevity would not have be possible without you, the community. HeatWare has been an integral part of the forum trading community since 1999 and I am still 100% committed to the site's mission. To help protect the future of the site, I am enlisting in the community for help:
  • On trading forums that you are a member of, please make sure that the moderators/admins include a section in their Trading Rules/Guidelines recommending the use of HeatWare. HeatWare is available to any trading forum, even outside of computer parts!
  • Contact your forum mods/admins requesting tighter integration with HeatWare and have them contract me for API access
  • Are you a Software Developer? I need help creating a HeatWare forum plugin!
  • Are you a moderator of a trading forum? Please e-mail me so I have your contact information.
If you have any comments or suggestions regarding this message, please post it on this forum topic.

Thank you for your continued support for nearly 2 decades!!

Back