Heatsink for Fractal Design Core 1000

Rational

Limp Gawd
I apologize if this answer exists somewhere, I searched but came up empty.

Planning a build for April with:
Asus Gene V
i5 3570k
Fractal Design Core 1000
7870 Myst

Looking for a good heatsink and fan for a reasonable price (50-80 USD) that will fit with the parts listed above, and still allow the case to close entirely.

I eventually plan to watercool, but I want something better than the stock fan for the interim.

Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend getting a dremel and modding holes to mount a closed-loop cooler. It'll save you time in the end when you go to do a custom loop.

Perhaps a H80i?

Correct me if I am wrong, but closed look is more expensive and air can still hit the same or better temps without modification? Trying to stay as little over budget as I can for the moment, eventually I will spend more to properly water cool, but that is ~6-8 months down the road.

You can't go wrong with a Hyper 212+ EVO if you're trying to save some cash.

Looked into that, just hope it fits. Time to make some speculative measurements.

Bought a ThermalRight Macho 120, seems it fits and it met my price to value requirements. Ought to hold me over until I can do a custom loop.

Bought a ThermalRight Macho 120, seems it fits and it met my price to value requirements. Ought to hold me over until I can do a custom loop.

Sorry to necro an old thread, but how did it go? The macho 120? I have the same case and I can nab one of these cheap (like £25) so I'm wondering how it did with temps? Did you overclock at all with it? Many thanks in advance

Back