heatsink+fan for my dying 4870

dragnandy

Limp Gawd
My sapphire 4870 is in need of upgrading from the stock heatsink. I dont plan on upgrading my GPU for awhile and i want this one to last, as it has been treating me well. Its pretty much a second heater for my room, too. Well summers hitting it soon and my load temps in the hot noon are hitting the high 80s, possibly low 90's. Im not really sure what heatsinks are out there and whats really compatible. Doesnt really need to have a fan included, i can just strap on a couple 90mm ones or something on it. Budget <$50. I was looking at the ARCTIC COOLING Accelero S1 Rev.2 for the longest time, but its been really old so i want to know if there are any other newer heatsinks out there can do the job better, and still compatible.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186016

My vote is the one you picked. Have it on my 4850 right now and I have it overclocked and it idles at 33 Celsius and loads at about 45 Celsius. One in 2nd post is $20 more it looks like. I would look around also. I got my rev 2 for about $28.

I have the s1 on my 6870 and I top out in the mid 50s or so at 950 core. Just slap a 120mm fan on it. It only cost me 24 bucks. Can't beat that. The reference cooler could hit the 70s.

If i end up getting the accelero S1 rev.2, which will cost me $26,
which fans do you suggest i get to add onto it? 92mm or 120mm?
Im also guessing they would point inwards, towards the heatsink?

Im looking at the Accelero Twin Turbo Pro for $44, so if its higher than that price, ill opt for the twin turbos instead.

Back