FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
HEATKILLER IV Pro Threadripper Water Block Review

WaterCool.de does not mess around when it comes to water cooling enthusiasts computers for well over a decade now. Many of us have been waiting with bated breath for Watercool's entry into the Threadripper cooling market, and it finally is with the HEATKILLER IV Pro. We compare it to five other water blocks.

my next block. they make a full copper topped one that is sexxy as hell.
Heatkiller_IV_for_Threadripper_Pure_Copper_1.jpg

I would be willing to venture that the cooling capability of your radiator set up is essentially 62C once it reaches equilibrium
with the room temperature.
I don't think in this set-up you will find a block that performs better than 62C, given you have tested two blocks that give identical results and pretty rapid flow rates.
It would be interesting to fit in a larger radiator to see what would happen.

Very interesting review!! Really goes to show how good of a blk that xspc put out. Having both blks i thought that the HK would edge
it out. Tks again for all your hard work !!! Your like the go to place for Threadripper wc !!!!

I would be willing to venture that the cooling capability of your radiator set up is essentially 62C once it reaches equilibrium
I don't think in this set-up you will find a block that performs better than 62C, given you have tested two blocks that give identical results and pretty rapid flow rates.
I was thinking the same thing and I'd add the fans used to the equation as well. At steady state the fan and radiator combination has a max heat transfer rate at a given water flow rate.

Great results! Looks like this summer they may get a call from me to fly one over. I too like the to the point type designs, great craftsmanship (mirror finish is almost an understatement). Not sure about the disco lights but it might look cool in the end with the right fluid. Great job!

Great results! Looks like this summer they may get a call from me to fly one over. I too like the to the point type designs, great craftsmanship (mirror finish is almost an understatement). Not sure about the disco lights but it might look cool in the end with the right fluid. Great job!

The Watercool guys do have a shop on their website.
Many times I have found literally no one in the US has their stuff within the first month or so it comes out.
I've ordered directly from them probably half a dozen times.
The prices are actually a bit lower than US (once you find the item) but the shipping is a little stiff.

You can also find some Watercool products at AquaTuning (they apparently have a somewhat 'peculiar' reputation but I have not had any issues last time I ordered parts from them). But they do not appear to be stocking the TR block.

Many times I have found literally no one in the US has their stuff within the first month or so it comes out.
The prices are actually a bit lower than US (once you find the item) but the shipping is a little stiff.

Hey Kyle, do you think increased pump pressure would improve the performance further? It seemed like you got more resistance then you expected.

Looks like a great block, but at the same temp, but lower flow than the XSPC block, I think I'd go with the XSPC instead.

There is one german comparative review for Threadripper blcoks, where they use a MO-RA3 360 as radiator. In that review, our block beats the Raystorm by 1 Degree. So, I guess you might be on to something...

We ship with FedEx. Our shipping to US/Canada is 29.95€, global shipping is 39.95€. I know that this isn't exactly cheap, but we don't choose these pricepoints ourselves, it's the best any shipping company offered us. And here's the link to our shop.

You can also find some Watercool products at AquaTuning (they apparently have a somewhat 'peculiar' reputation but I have not had any issues last time I ordered parts from them). But they do not appear to be stocking the TR block.
You can usually also find our products at Performance PCs, ModMyMods and Darkside. PPCs should have the Threadripper blocks listed pretty soon.

Quite possible. But worth keeping in mind that we do not exactly have a small radiator on this, an XSPC RX 480. We have what is on the big of being what most folks would use in a build. I use two identical XSPC cooling systems side by side on the test bench, and putting in these huge radiators is simply outside of what I can use on a day to day basis.

51rqQQr5X7L._SL1000_.jpg vs 36091_2.jpg

Here is a shot of the [H] test bench this morning. :)

IMG_20180226_085837.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't have any gripes about your shipping. It is obviously due to customs and the like.
I have used your shop a number of times and I have to say that since you've added FedEx it's only a two day trip once the package leaves Germany.

I'm not an engineer by any stretch, but I do recall that there is certainly a point of
equilibrium in all of this.
Part flow rate, part dissipation of heat, and part removal of heat.
There was a guy on the RealRedRaider site a few years back who was an engineer, job was thermodynamics, he would frequently do
all the hard math on questions like this, it was pretty interesting stuff.
If I'm not mistaken, flow rate(or resistance to flow) was a big deal in all of this. (so factor in the tubing, block and pump)

Also, I don't think the size or number would matter that much, only in relative temperature. In other words, the XSPC block and the Heatkiller block would probably perform the same or close to it, as long as all the other equipment was the same.
Yeah, that was my point.

Maybe you can get Watercool to send you a MoRa though.........just for fun.;)

That looks like the same box my OG socket 1366 heatkiller came in lol. The copper top heatkillers are the way to go for looks imho.

I just got this one in the all copper version,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, OMG :eek: it weigh in at more than all previous cooling heads i had for CPU put together,,,, and mind you i have been water cooling the past 6 computers of mine.
tumblr_phczcmMJoE1wxv8ejo1_1280.jpg

You DO NOT want to drop this on your foot while not waring safety shoes, thats for damn sure

Back