heated mouse? my hands = Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMWguy

Limp Gawd
I have been trying to locate ways to keep my hands warm when playing games. Gloves aren't an option, I'm looking for the heater to be on the mouse itself. I do see there is a heated mouse from a company called Thanko, however, it simply isn't the same as my 518. :(

Perhaps there is a way to install a thin USB heated coil on the surface of my mouse? Or maybe there is a small heating unit that I can put under the shell? Preferrably the former...

please please PLEASE help me find a better alternative to sitting on my hands!...:p

I have been trying to locate ways to keep my hands warm when playing games. Gloves aren't an option, I'm looking for the heater to be on the mouse itself.
p

Why aren't gloves an option? There are some thin but still warm gloves out there.

Do you live in a particularly cold place or just don't have enough circulation to your hands?

please please PLEASE help me find a better alternative to sitting on my hands!...:p

Have you tried your armpits? They're hella good, I recommend highly :p

Are your hands normally cold or do they lose circulation while playing? Or are you in a cold climate or something?

Why not get some gloves which have the fingers exposed? Like maybe workout or biker gloves or something. I mean, sure, it'll look like you're being a bit too hardcore, but hey, if it works, why not?

My hands are just normally cold. :(

Thin gloves are a last ditch resort if rigging up a heater for the mouse becomes a fruitless endeavor. As thin as gloves can be, I'd still prefer the tactile feedback of being gloveless.

I have the same problem living here in NY, but I usually just throw on a hoodie to control the shaking and deal with cold hands. I have no idea what to do to keep the hands warm . Let me know what you come up with.

Another thought - you have a heck of a heater also known as your PC a few feet from you - why not duct the warm air your computer is expelling to your cold fingers.

Try the Razer Deathadder, and leave the glowing logo turned on. That thing heats up after a while :p

Sometimes my hands sweat after using my mouse for a while, lol anways, why don't you get a miniture fan heater, blow it at your mousepad/hand for a while? maybe you can try playing your mouse on a heated blanket or something.

you don't need to directly heat your hands in order for them to be warm, It's enough if u heat your arms.
if u have cold hands, that might be a circulatory problem so u might want to consult your physician

As has been previously stated, I might have a circulatory issue...my feet have the same issue so that's something I'll definitely be looking into.

As for directing a mini-heater to my hands...that might work too if I can find something portable at the right wattage. Haven't really seen any, but I'll see what I can dig up.

I do have a toasty space heater, but even when I heat up my hands between rounds, they get cold pretty quickly after removing them from the heat to play.

Instant respawn in TF2 can really suck for me...heh. :p I appreciate the suggestions!

Can you use a soldering iron? If so it should be fairly easy to make a mouse heater out of resistors and a wall wart. You could even get fancy and add a PWM temperature control

I have been trying to locate ways to keep my hands warm when playing games. Gloves aren't an option, I'm looking for the heater to be on the mouse itself. I do see there is a heated mouse from a company called Thanko, however, it simply isn't the same as my 518. :(

Perhaps there is a way to install a thin USB heated coil on the surface of my mouse? Or maybe there is a small heating unit that I can put under the shell? Preferrably the former...

Found this old string about the need for a heated mouse and wanted to share a Wikipedia page about exactly what you were thinking about doing by installing a heating element inside the mouse.... someone has already made it.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warm_Mouse

I found the manufacturer's website to be helpful, and this one has a huge variety of heated mice --- there's even one with a higher DPI for gamers http://www.HeatedMouse.com.

Hope this information is helpful to all the cold handers out there! Mine are always freezing, too. ;) :p :cool:

very good thread necro noobie!
Y8GQyQJ.jpg

I use gloves but you can try to put the pc case on the table and direct the exhaust fan at your mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back