Heat Gun of Death

cabanaboy38

Limp Gawd
OOPs.jpg

This is what happens when you decide to use a heat gun to cure the paint a little faster and get distracted. I just hope Coolermaster will answer my part request.

Ah I've done that before as well, just not trying to cure paint...but I can understand the frustrating of waiting for it to dry.

Another valuable lesson is not to solder next to your new case with a nice clear side window. Did that a lot of years ago, ended up bumping the power cord without noticing and it pivoted the soldering iron into the side of the computer.

Oops. A heat gun is not the tool for that job, which is now painfully obvious.

CM is pretty good about responding to parts requests, but won't budge unless you have the S/N and proof of purchase. I tried to get just one of the power/reset button/led clusters for a case mod and they didn't even want to sell me one. But you should have no problem getting a replacement.

Oops. A heat gun is not the tool for that job, which is now painfully obvious.

CM is pretty good about responding to parts requests, but won't budge unless you have the S/N and proof of purchase. I tried to get just one of the power/reset button/led clusters for a case mod and they didn't even want to sell me one. But you should have no problem getting a replacement.
I had all the info they required. If worse comes to worse I can make one. I will just be a huge pain.

You could also Bondo over that area where the button goes and replace with a vandal-resistant LED switch like you've probably got on your sig rig (MM U2-UFO).

Has CM gotten back with you? They are usually lightning fast.

Personally, I'd almost be inclined to do you Plan C instead.

Pics of the overall mod?

Has CM gotten back with you? They are usually lightning fast.

Personally, I'd almost be inclined to do you Plan C instead.

Pics of the overall mod?
No reply from Coolermaster yet.

Pics of mod in post titled Red as Satans Bum
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1745503&highlight=red+satans[/url]

Ah, I didn't put two and two together. Didn't realize that was your mod! Wicked powder coat color.

Oh man, just do the Bulgin-style LED ring switch. With a red ring, that would look EXCELLENT.

Ah, I didn't put two and two together. Didn't realize that was your mod! Wicked powder coat color.

Oh man, just do the Bulgin-style LED ring switch. With a red ring, that would look EXCELLENT.
I may do that. But I will give coolermaster more time. I not in a huge hurry.

Yeah I was careful in that respect. Wish Coolermaster would get back to me. I need to finish.
Seems so ridiculous for them to take so long to respond to such a simple request! Know anyone with a 3D printer or near a campus with one? Custom power button ;) Or just forge ahead with the bulgin-style switch.

I used to wait for CM to get back to me, and it would take too long so I just call them now.

If I were you I would use their chat support feature or call them, you can get an answer in 20 mins or less :D

Live Help*
Hours of Operation (Pacific Standard Time except holidays):

Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm PST
Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm PST

If you still prefer to contact us on phone, please dial ........

If true, I'll never be buying another CM case, good to know. Not even SELLING you parts if you don't provide proof of purchase? Imagine driving your car to a dealer's parts department to pick up some parts only to be told if you don't have your original invoice for the car they won't sell you anything.

Totally unacceptable. Thanks for the heads up. CM is now added to my no-buy list.

If true, I'll never be buying another CM case, good to know. Not even SELLING you parts if you don't provide proof of purchase? Imagine driving your car to a dealer's parts department to pick up some parts only to be told if you don't have your original invoice for the car they won't sell you anything.

Totally unacceptable. Thanks for the heads up. CM is now added to my no-buy list.

You can buy part without proof of purchase from the CM Store. It is just the parts that aren't on the parts page that you need Proof of Purchase. At least that has been my experience.
http://www.cmstore-usa.com/parts/

Back