Heat cycle regimen of new build

PHiZ

Limp Gawd
I have a new Athlon 64 X2, new mobo, new heatsink. It is all installed with some AS5. I have it booted into the bios and I am looking at the system health monitor to monitor the core temperature.

What procedure should I follow for heat cycling, to let the AS5 and components set? Leave it on for an hour, two hours, leave it off for the same amount of time. Burn it in for xx amount of time, let it cool.

How do you do it?

-PHiZ

Personally, I would just use the computer normally, unless you're one of those who leaves their comp on 24/7. It's supposed to take over a week for it to fully cure anyway.

Use the computer, it makes no difference how you use it when the AS5 is settling in, theres no procedure you have to follow or risk involved.

wee96 said:
Use the computer, it makes no difference how you use it when the AS5 is settling in, theres no procedure you have to follow or risk involved.

Thats not true...
You need to allow the AS 5 to heat cycle several times before it will achieve its maximum benifit....I leave my system on 24/7, but after a new build, or a new aplication of AS 5 I turn it off at night for the first week or two...as long as the temps look good, I go back to leaving it on all the time

Most of my boxes also fold, so the CPU is at 100% all the time...that helps speed things up Im sure :)

Back