Heads up! Prices have dropped on Vega 56/64

focbde

Gawd
So, here in Europe at least the prices for Vega 56/64 have dropped massively. You can now get a Vega 56 for the same price as the 1660Ti - 279 Euro whilst the Vega 64 is now going for 389 Euro or so. Prices tend to be the same in Euros as US Dollars for you guys over there, so I suspect you'll see them at 279/389 USD also.

These are all IN STOCK cards as well at these prices, at multiple retailers, from multiple vendors - so it appears to be an official price drop.

As a result, it's no longer an easy call to say go for a 1660 Ti when the Vega 56 is the same price.

The Vega 64 at 389 Euro is also a fantastic purchase, however from looking, you had to go to a 399 Euro card to get one with a decent cooler rather than the blower type.

Whether or not this is a permanent price drop, no idea...

I would imagine that AMD is going to have to drop a lot of prices. the 590 had better go for 200 now if they want to compete

You won't find a Vega 56 for $279. The sku that they put that price under was already sold out.

Cheapest Vega 56 I can find in US is $330 USD, Vega 64 is $500 USD. Most retailers in the States have the 1660 Ti for $280 USD.

Exchange rate right now is €0.88 to $1.00, and European prices include VAT which is why final prices usually closely match pre-tax retail in the States.

That's good. About time the Euopean market gets a break from ridiculous prices.

I'm actually tempted to go for the Vega 64 - my 1080 died recently and the Vega 64 should replace it nicely... rather than go for a used 1080.

Cheapest Vega 56 I can find in US is $330 USD, Vega 64 is $500 USD. Most retailers in the States have the 1660 Ti for $280 USD.

Exchange rate right now is €0.88 to $1.00, and European prices include VAT which is why final prices usually closely match pre-tax retail in the States.

Yep yep - it's amazing how often you see people in the EU complaining about prices whilst forgetting about the tax already being applied. :)

So as of right now, the Vega 56 and 1660 Ti are the same price in Germany.

Vega 56 still looks to be around $400, just checked on Amazon and Newegg.
I wonder if they are going to drop the prices much at all on those. They make good compute cards. If they do I might just jump on one. Wish the VII wasn't so damn much. Would love to run 4k textures in Skyrim.

The price drop is a red herring. AMD has nothing to compete with the 1660ti and they are scrambling to make whatever money they can before consumers become informed. Kinda desperate. Really wish their GPU division would start acting like their CPU division and make products designed to be economical instead of trying to take the performance crown at any cost(and still failing).

The price drop is a red herring. AMD has nothing to compete with the 1660ti and they are scrambling to make whatever money they can before consumers become informed. Kinda desperate. Really wish their GPU division would start acting like their CPU division and make products designed to be economical instead of trying to take the performance crown at any cost(and still failing).

I have seen Vega 56 going for 300 Euro before Radeon VII launched. Vega 64 was at amazon for 450 Euro.
Why would old stock be designated as scrambling to make money ?

Unfortunately electricity prices haven't dropped to match NV offering operational costs...

I've just installed an Asus Strix RX Vega 64 OC that i picked up for $560 CAD. Crazy good deal, and at that price (the same as basic 1070Ti cards and less than the same flavour card as a 2060) it can't be beat.

For reference, this is about $425 USD.

Also for reference, two of my buds picked up Vega 56 cards today for $440 CAD, which is like $335USD.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX70282

It's been going in and out of stock, but I can definitely confirm that at least in Canada there are 56 and 64s available for the lowered prices - that's high end Strix cards too, not reference or low end.

The fact is at both price points the 56 and 64 are the better buy from a purely performance perspective: The 56 is price-matched to the 1660Ti and the 64 is price-matched to the 2060 and 1070Ti.

I grabbed a Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 Gaming OC for 389 Euro, which is about $440 USD - by comparison, the cheapest RTX 2070 in Germany is 485 Euro or 550 USD.

I grabbed a Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 Gaming OC for 389 Euro, which is about $440 USD - by comparison, the cheapest RTX 2070 in Germany is 485 Euro or 550 USD.

Amazon.de hasn't dropped the prices yet, still seeing 349 for the 56 and it's hard to even find Prime shipping 64.

Blower is quiet if you undervolt. Steal at these prices and actually has enough vram for 1440 at max settings. Ref v56 has Samsung hbm which is main perf boost when ocing.

Amazon.de hasn't dropped the prices yet, still seeing 349 for the 56 and it's hard to even find Prime shipping 64.

I order a LOT of things from Amazon.de, but graphics cards aren't one of them - not usually anyway... there are exceptions I'll admit and with free shipping my KFA2 (Galax) 1080 was pretty much the same price as Mindfactory at the time at Amazon so got from them seeing as I've never had anything but great experiences with their returns and customer service.

Back