Headphones with Nice Bass - $150

ElevenFingers

Limp Gawd
Hey there,

I recently moved into an apartment complex and I'm a fan of dubstep and other bass-heavy music. I do a bit of gaming as well and I'm looking for some cordless headphones that will have nice bass and clear sounds. They also shouldn't be too heavy or uncomfortable and sit solidly (I've been known to dance around in my room). Noise Canceling is optional. (Most of the time I will be playing music from my Envy14 if that changes anything).

Price should be under or around $150 but if there is something that is truly brilliant and a little closer to the $200 mark I'm willing to get those as well.

How about audio-technica ATH-A700? I have this one and enjoy its powerful bass. The sound stage seems to have increased in richness, also. But, I think you need a good soundcard to well perform it.

Did you mean Envy24?

Cordless: Sennheiser's RS line.
Corded: Beyerdynamic DT770-80 ohm Pro (get a headphone amp)

I have Kickers HP541's and they have great bass and pretty cheap as well

Add another vote for the dt770s. I'm going on 3 years of solid use. Travel, gaming, etc. The 80 ohm version will run well enough off of a sound card and even an ipod. You'll lose a bit of the 'umph' they are known for though. The 250ohm Premiums would need a separate amp but mmmm, they sound great!.

That being said, you are going to have a hard time finding quality headphones in a wireless package. Good luck finding something that is capable, small, bassy, etc. The Sennheisers might be your best bet for that. Also, don't do noise canceling. It is NOT what Bose makes it out to be.

I have to agree with Kett, cordless will really put a damper on your options. I would recommend getting an extension cable so you have more slack.

Beyerdynamic DT 770's are generally very well liked, although I found them rather uncomfortable.
The Beyerdynamic DT 150 is an outstanding option for bass IMO.

Might want to check out the Shure SRH750DJ.Heard they are pretty beastly.Gonna get mine next week.Maybe the M-audio Q40s?Heard people rave about the bass from them.

I just picked up a pair of Beyerdynamic dt770 for $169 at my local guitar center. I compared them side by side to the sennheiser 380pro. The Sennheisers sounded a tad forward in the midrange where the 770's were a bit relaxed. Bass wise the 770's won hands down! Comfert and build quality goes to the beyers.

I'm very happy with my purchase.

Another vote here for the DT-770's from Beyerdynamic. If you don't have an amp get the 80 ohm. If you have a decent amp get the 250 ohm. If you have a really good amp get the 600 ohm.

They make a set for everybody.

It's already been said, but wireless is going to severely limit your options, and sound quality as well, IMO.

If you're willing to look at wired cans then I would definitely check out Denon D1001's. I don't own a pair myself, but they are good quality, easy to drive, have solid bass and they fit into your price range.

Back