headphones for kids

Discussion in 'Home Theater PCs & Equipment' started by owntwo, Nov 29, 2017.

1. owntwo

owntwo n00bie

What's the best headphone brand for kids? Those volume-controlled ones.

2. GhostWhite

GhostWhite n00bie

You may check on a Sony MDR-222KD Children's Headphones.

3. owntwo

owntwo n00bie

Thank you, I'll surely check this. I also need to weight which ones are more affordable. Sarah is antisocial and her therapist encourages her to listen to music and audiobooks and listen to kids' stories. Considering pediatric counseling, as per this article https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/counseling/does-my-child-need-pediatric-counseling/. The headphones may damage her ears so she was advised to use those that were specifically for kids.

4. GhostWhite

GhostWhite n00bie

Okay, no worries. Now, I understand. I hope you'll be able to find the appropriate headphone for Sarah.

5. illram

illram [H]ard|Gawd

I got my kid a Hello Kitty one from Amazon. Like this. (She's 6.) I have no idea how good quality it is, in fact it is probably terrible, but she certainly does not care, she loves them. Importantly the volume is limited.

There are zillions of these things on Amazon, I'd suggest searching for some kids character she likes + headphones and odds are results will be volume limited kids ones. It should say volume limited in the description.

6. ironforge

ironforge [H]ard|Gawd

I bought a pair of monoprice headphones.... think they were $20 or $30ish. Seemed to work pretty well.. get ones with a detachable audio cable.. cable is usually first thing to go if it gets pulled on too hard.

7. morgwon

morgwon [H]ardness Supreme

I bought my toddler these for when we fly. She keeps them on for the entire flight. You have different color options as well.