headphone setting vista/win7

dengar

Weaksauce
I do not have front audio panels on my computer

I run only headphones plugged into the back of my onboard sound which is whatever is on ud3r prolly just realtek ac97

I cannot just check headphone setting like you can with XP and it really irritates me because the sound in games is all messed up on speaker setting :(

do I need to dig out a front panel connector just for windows to run my soundcard as headphone setting? :(

Well if you're using Win7 I think its broken because I cant get audio from my usb headset unless the software specifically has an option to select the output device. In Vista it would automatically direct all sound to it and mute the speakers when I plugged it in. I'm using the same board but I have an x-fi, which has headset detection for regular headsets.

It's due to limited driver options in Vista from Realtek. Get a dedicated soundcard with better drivers to solve it. My X-Fi has headphone option in Vista and all the other goodies that can enhance the listening experience in games too.

Plug in the headphones (USB as you stated), wait for Windows 7 to detect them and give you the go ahead, right click on the Volume icon in the Tray, choose Playback devices, find the headphones on the available devices and right click on it and choose "Set as default device."

I have a pair of Plantronics GamePro headphones and for the moment Windows 7 won't automagically default to them when plugged in. No big deal, it takes what, 4 seconds to change the setting manually. It's not that big of a hassle, really, and will probably be addressed before RTM.

Plug in the headphones (USB as you stated), wait for Windows 7 to detect them and give you the go ahead, right click on the Volume icon in the Tray, choose Playback devices, find the headphones on the available devices and right click on it and choose "Set as default device."

I have a pair of Plantronics GamePro headphones and for the moment Windows 7 won't automagically default to them when plugged in. No big deal, it takes what, 4 seconds to change the setting manually. It's not that big of a hassle, really, and will probably be addressed before RTM.

Hmm, thats exactly what I've been doing but no go. Even as the default device all sound still goes to the speakers. But the "Test" audio does play in the headset. Oh well I'm sure they'll work it out like you said.

between the damn mouse and headphone option with vista and win 7 i think ill still be running XP or 2000

its a disaster trying to completely get rid of mouse accel in vista and win7 :mad:

Back