Head Transplant Team’s Animal Tests Fail To Convince Critics

HardOCP News

[H] News
That head transplant doctor guy is still trying to convince his critics that his team can indeed perform a head transplant. The problem is, everything the guy does is all kinda shady, even his animal trials.

screen-shot-2014-12-01-at-9-13-02-pm.png

So, from a semi-barely-educated standpoint. This procedure "kinda" works. It reconnects the head to the body, but not necessarily completely correctly, the dog is all fucked up, but his brain was slowly learning how to handle the new connections. For a human, assuming they don't die from the procedure, it should be "easier" to retrain the brain with the new body / new connections, since they can consciously work on various tasks to speed the process. That said, I imagine the amount of immuno suppressors they would have to be on would make their quality of life rather poor.

For someone that's gonna die, fuck it, go for it.

If he was REALLY serious about convincing his critics, he'd transplant his own head.

I wonder, if billionaires could buy a 20 year old body every 30-40 years and extend their life this way. Assuming your brain stays strong and you don't get Alzheimer or Parkinson or eye failure, but I would guess brain transplant could be next?

The future is now!

So, from a semi-barely-educated standpoint. This procedure "kinda" works. It reconnects the head to the body, but not necessarily completely correctly, the dog is all fucked up, but his brain was slowly learning how to handle the new connections. ... That said, I imagine the amount of immuno suppressors they would have to be on would make their quality of life rather poor.

I cannot even begin to imagine how one, dog or human, could even begin to cope psychologically with what is happening to the body at this point. Not to mention what the body's immune system would be trying to do to the brain, etc...

Not possible considering the neural connections. If it were, paralysis would be a thing of the past.

Not possible considering the neural connections. If it were, paralysis would be a thing of the past.

If you read source article, there's 3 teams working on a special solution that seems to reconnect the neurons. The team in Texas has a slightly different formula incorporating carbon nano tubes that help guide the growth of the neurons, Looks promising.

The early organ transplant surgeries were far from prefect as well. Ignoring if he is legit or not, it would be unreasonable not to expect serious complications during the learning curve.

Fixing freshly severed and cleanly cut neurons vs old injures are two vastly different things. You should do some actual reading on the subject.

Makes me think of this:

Why the hell do they have to use dogs, I'd be cool with pretty much any other animal :(

My understanding in previous conversations about this procedure is that the use would not be to restore movement, but to extend life in a person whose body was atrophying to the point it could not longer sustain life. I think there was a programmer or engineer who is paralyzed and doesn't have a long time due to organ failure who said he would volunteer for the procedure--even with paralysis, the new body could lengthen his life.

I wonder, if billionaires could buy a 20 year old body every 30-40 years and extend their life this way. Assuming your brain stays strong and you don't get Alzheimer or Parkinson or eye failure, but I would guess brain transplant could be next?

The future is now!

I can't wait till I can just transfer all the thoughts and memories in my brain to a computer and be a robot.

Saw a trailer for a doctor that used to transplant goat testicles on to guys, at their request.

The early organ transplant surgeries were far from prefect as well. Ignoring if he is legit or not, it would be unreasonable not to expect serious complications during the learning curve.

Fixing freshly severed and cleanly cut neurons vs old injures are two vastly different things. You should do some actual reading on the subject.
You're such a pleasant person. You should do some reading on politeness.

The future is now!

Brings new meaning to butterface.

Back