hdtv help on 9800 pro

Spearboy

Limp Gawd
so ive been reading some guides on powerstip and on connecting a hdtv to a 9800. i currently have my card connected to my hdtv via a dvi cable. the tv is a mitsubishi wt-42313 42". i cannot find any specs on this tv from anywhere. i can get picture to display on my tv, and have tried about 6-7 diffent resolution all of which look messed up. before i start doing some custom timings on powerstrip i wanted to know what risk i might have. there are a lot of disclaimers everywhere i read up on this topic saying i could really screw up my tv or video card if i use inccorect settings. how true is this exactly. since im going to have to go on trial and error since there are no guides that i can find for my tv am i going to risk killing my tv? also from your expiriences, what have you guys had as big problems you had to overcome. thanks for your help.

edit: this is all i can provide in reguards to my tv.
http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/2003_2004_product/projection_tvs/PDFs/Silver_Specs.pdf

I remember long ago when installing Linux with incorrect moniter timings could destory a moniter (I've seen one catch on fire, lol). Not saying that your TV will explode or anything but yes it can be damaged.

You might want to go over to AVSforum, some one there will probably be able to help you out.

i did look at that page, actually one of the first i looked at, got the link from another thread in hardforum. but its for a different model mistubishi tv. im just paranoid about pissing away 1500 or whatever i ended up paying for this tv, just becuase i was careless. thats the page i was going to use as a guidline for tweaking my tv's settings if i couldnt get anything better. btw i have posted on avs as well trying to get help. thanks again

Try the those timings, mistubishi might use the same timings on their sets.

someone on avs told me that the link ps-rage gave has settings that pretty much work out of the box so to speak and he has the same tv, so im going to play around with those tonight, thanks for you help guys. quick question though, games that run 800x600 1024x768 etc, will they display right when the tv is not set to those resolutions. some of the resolutions that work are pretty unique and i know a lot of games dont have those options, so what do you do in this case?

Can anyone help with a resolution issue. so far i can only get 720x480 to display correctly on my hdtv. im working on getting 1024x768 but i havnt so far. how do i play gmaes that are not designed for 720x480. if they change the resolution my screen gets messed up.

Back