HDTune - 2 lines highlighted under "Health"

Mav451

Supreme [H]ardness
I just got a 1TB Seagate from Microcenter over the weekend. Under my WDs, the Health tab is all grey (which I presume is good and normal). However, for my Seagate, these two lines were highlighted:

"Spin Retry Count"
"unknown attribute"

Is there any cause for concern here? I bought it B&M, so I can easily get a replacement tomorrow.

You seem to be fine, you're above the threshold for a SMART failure warning, and even then, SMART isn't the end-all, be-all predictor of hard disk integrity, I personally go by physical noise, I/O errors (if any) when transferring files and reading/writing from the disk, and SMART, and even then, you never know...

It's an inexact science, this hard disk business. ;)

It's still odd that if it's fine - then why is it highlighted? I mean I've never seen a line highlighted like that with all of my WDs.

Here are my 500 and 750, for example:

you have nothing to worry about, i think it's just hdtune with the seagate 1tb drives, I have 20 of them and they all had those 2 yellow highlights in hdtune

Ahh thanks axan.
Also the fact that you have 20TB of Seagates is only further confirmation, lol.

I agree with axan, I wouldn't worry about it OP....Even my 500GB Seagate has those same errors highlighted but my drive has been running great for a while now, close to a year I think.

Back