HDMI usage for audio with receiver problems

brasherman

Gawd
HI guys,
I did a quick forum search and found nothing, so I thought I would ask here.

I have a HTPC I just regutted. The DG45ID wasn't acting right and I had an extra GB 785-GM mobo, so I bought an X2 240 to go with it.

System:
GA-MA785GM-US2H
Athlon II x2 240
Scythe Mini Ninja passive
Seagate 80 GB OS drive
WD Blue 1 TB recording drive
2 GB Crucial green sticks
Win 7 32 bit Home Premium
HVR-1800
SiliconDust HDHomeRun

My HT equipment is pretty simple. It's all Polk separates driven by an Onkyo SR-606. I love being able to hook one HDMI cable up and get audio and video. The problem is that I wanted to use my free QAM digital music channels for streaming music during parties and not have to have the TV on. With both the DG45 and the 785, the machine soft locks the ehome interface, and the 785 actually caused a driver crash as soon as I turn off the TV. Anyone have any advice other than to hook up toslink? I can, and it's pretty simple to configure it. I don't know if it will actually fix the issue with the video, but I was going to try.

Just wondering if anyone else has any ideas? I played in CCC but nothing jumped out at me. And no, I don't do BD rips or BD playback right now, so HDMI isn't really necessary, it's just convenient. I just want to know if I can force it to always output "steadystate" instead of trying to hunt for the display device that disappeared. :)

BTW, thanks for all the info. I have really enjoyed the hints and advice.

Back