HDMI to Displayport/Dual Link DVI?

ebolamonkey3

[H]ard|Gawd
Not sure where to put this, so mod please move if needed.

I lost my laptop which had Displayport out, which I used to connect to my 3007WFP-HC. New laptop only has HDMI out, so I need to find an adapter that has a male HDMI and a female Displayport or female DVI-D. Is there even such a thing? Can HDMI even output 2560x1600??

Thanks in advance for the help.

The only HDMI ports capable of that resolution are Type B, which have never been used in any products. Sorry. :(

Not the most elegant of solutions but all you need is a short HDMI cable to make it work on one end, and a gender changer on the other. This was at FRY's so the Accell website may have the exact solution you need. Also check MONOPRICE cables. It is probably doable to get a signal but it may not look pretty. The 2560*1600 may bite you

http://www.frys.com/product/6191879?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Accell Ultra AV DisplayPort (male) to HDMI (Female) Model: B086B-001B

The DisplayPort to HDMI adapter is fully compliant to both DPCP (DisplayPort Content Protection) and HDCP (High -Definition Content Protection) ensuring full compatiblity and successful transmission of all audio and video content. The cable supports PC resolutions of up to 1920x1200 (WUXGA) and all HDTV resolutions including 1080p. The UltraAV DP-HDMI adapter also supports uncompressed 8-channels audio, extended color depths of up to 12-bits per component signal and provides a throughput of up to 2.25 Gbps (6.75 Gbps total) per channel.

Last edited:
Back