HDMI Signal problem with projector (handshaking)

neokeelo

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a Mitsubishi HC1500 projector with HDMI input.
Everything has been working great but when our DVR box went out a few weeks ago, we had it replaced with a newer DVR. Now the projector will see the image for 4 secs and then go to a black screen. I went into the DVR menu and got an error message that said HDCP failed . The projector is HDCP compliant so what could have happened?

It works fine on my older DVD player through DVI to HDMI , but it doesn't work with my PS3 and my computer anymore. It used to work fine with those. I have tried 2 different cables and I get the same results. what could be causing this? I'm 99% sure it is something to do with the HDCP on the projector but I want to hear some opinions before I send it off for repair.

Send it back and ask for an updated revision of the firmware on the projector because more than one of your devices isn't handshaking properly with it.

How long is your HDMI cable run, maybe the new box doesn't output as powerful of a signal.

Is the HDMI going through a reciever, i've heard of problems with projectors and hdmi recievers.

Well, he said it previously worked. Also, it sounds exactly like a handshaking issue as he described with the video displaying for a few seconds and then giving a warning.

I'm using a 50FT 24 AWG HDMI cable from monoprice ( which was working for months, and works fine with the dvd player)

Yea, I hope the firmware update will fix it. I wonder if it is possible to do myself rather than ship it to a service center.

Back