HDMI Pass Through Not Working

jfnirvana292

[H]ard|Gawd
I am trying to use HTPC with my home receiver. I have the computer plugged into the blu-ray HDMI in, then the HDMI out going to my projector.

When my computer turns on, the project indicates signal detected, kind of flickers a little, goes black and that's it. The receiver is a Pioneer VSX-521 Any ideas?

Its a GT430, where do i see if its in tv mode? Its in 720p resolution if thats what you are asking?

Open the Nvidia control center and look for a HDTV support option, you might have to set it if the receiver/projector wont auto-negotiate the correct resolution/refresh rate

Open the Nvidia control center and look for a HDTV support option, you might have to set it if the receiver/projector wont auto-negotiate the correct resolution/refresh rate

I do not see a HDTV support option. I do see HDCP, and it says its compatible.

Check the card drivers. Version 285.xx whql screwed up video in Wmc. Get the 290 beta ones, that's what I'm currently running on my htpc.

Seems like a handshake issue. Try powering on the devices in the following sequence.

PC -> Receiver -> Projector.

I have a Pioneer VSX-520, and that receiver doesn't pass through the native resolution on my Epson 705HD projector (1280x800). The only way to get it to work is to output 1080p and configure the video driver to underscan or pad the video with a border to end up with a 1280x800 video centered in the 1920x1080 stream. Or do scaling; don't do scaling. Also, enjoy those extra 80 lines.

Unfortunately the AMD Catalyst Control Panel won't work on my HTPC (I have an ATI video card - got it because of the HDMI audio that I no longer use), so I just bypassed the receiver for HDMI video and use it for digital coax audio. It also lets me listen to FM radio while browsing on the PC since I'm not dependent on the receiver for video.

Mine is 1280x720 native...how would that work around affect 3d vision? I will try messing with this later...

Back