HDMI Out, no signal?

slaya

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, I have a Samsung laptop which i'm having issues on with the HDMI out.

I've connected the laptop via HDMI onto my 32" Olevia TV and am constantly receiving a "No Signal" error. To narrow down the problem to this laptop specifically i've also tried 2 other laptops on this same TV which are working perfectly fine.

The problem is interesting because if I connect the HDMI cable to the tv while the TV is off and the laptop is on, the laptop recognizes the TV completely, and even displays the TV's model number in the Resolution settings, but once I turn the TV on, the laptop IMMEDIETLY shows no other video source, meaning it forcefully disconnects itself from the TV. Even if I press "Detect" it does not detect anything.

On another TV, a Panasonic (much newer), if i have the TV off and connect the HDMI wire to the laptop, it also recognizes the TV, and then if I turn on the TV it works fine. But its odd considering if the TV is on and I connect it, the laptop doesn't recognize it at all..

The thing is, on my Olevia tv this laptop used to work fine, it just recently stopped working. Also, i've updated all the drivers. The laptop has AMD onboard graphics.

Any ideas?

I just installed ubuntu on the laptop to see if it was a windows/driver problem, and the exact same problem is happening. When the TV is off, the laptop(w/ ubuntu aswell) detects the TV perfectly fine, to the point where it even displays the tv's correct name and model number. The second I turn the TV on though the connection to the tv is completely lost, the laptop immedietly stops detecting the tv and the tv obviously then shows "no signal".

In a sentence, the hdmi out only detects the tv when it's off.

Very odd, and frustrating. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Back