hdmi extender for VR help

fightingfi

2[H]4U
can i get some kinda hdmi extender cable and are they any good?

what would you use or recomend?

im thinking i need maybe 10-12 ft?

You can't. The cables it comes with are near the limit for signal integrity across both the USB and HDMI interfaces due to how much bandwidth the headset needs to work. Trying to extend them further without active repeaters within the headset's power specifications will cause issues.

You can't. The cables it comes with are near the limit for signal integrity across both the USB and HDMI interfaces due to how much bandwidth the headset needs to work. Trying to extend them further without active repeaters within the headset's power specifications will cause issues.

I would agree, but I have USB/HDMI extensions on my Oculus setup with no issues.

OP, go to the proper VR section and find the relevant thread that asks this exact question. My answer has reddit links.

Pringle im not sure how to do that of what you told me i cant even post in the VR section it says i need 2 tags? any links here would be nice if you have the time and links

Pringle im not sure how to do that of what you told me i cant even post in the VR section it says i need 2 tags? any links here would be nice if you have the time and links

adding 2 tags means adding a one word description of your thread...they give you 'tag' options when you create a thread, just add 2 of them which you think are appropriate...something like 'VR' and 'cable' are examples of 2 tags you could use

I would agree, but I have USB/HDMI extensions on my Oculus setup with no issues.

OP, go to the proper VR section and find the relevant thread that asks this exact question. My answer has reddit links.
same as me, I added a 10ft HDMI and USB 3 extension to my Rift CV1 and it works perfect.

Back