HDMI Cables $4 + s/h 10ft 28awg + $4 s/h

I put an order in last week, waiting for them to arrive.

Is there any difference with the lower gage 28AWG versus something bigger like 22AWG?

I thought I read a while ago that HDMI can pick up sparkles when traveling long distances, does this sound right?

Thanks,
Zack

Well any cable will pick up interference when traveling any distance next to any sources of interference.

However as far as I know, the shielding has much more to do with increasted resistance to interference while wire guage has more to do with signal clarity per distance due to less signal loss.

Again, that is what i've picked up over time, hopefully someone has the time to elaborate and verify what i've written.

Correct me if I'm wrong but HDMI cables are basically all the same. It either works or doesn't work. 28awg might show a problem when the length of the cable gets to like 50' plus.

no there are 1.3a and then some, you are right all digitals either works or dont... but just an FYI some devices dont like the 1.3a some do...

no there are 1.3a and then some, you are right all digitals either works or dont... but just an FYI some devices dont like the 1.3a some do...

But Monster has 120Hz HDMI cables! This monoprice stuff is junk!

j/k Monoprice is great stuff. I use it for all my gear.

i have a monoprice 25 foot 24awg DVI-to-HDMI cable to connect my computer to the receiver, and it seems to work just fine (aside from inherent issues of connecting to a tube TV). Not bad for $23.

Back