HDMI Arc audio cards?

Trauts

n00b
I'd like to reroute my TV's audio through my computer's headphones. I found a post about a pci-e addon card that could capture HDMI audio from a TV's ARC, but it looks like it has been discontinued.

Anything like this out there you can still buy that's not super pricy? Most of what I'm finding seems geared towards capturing video, too, and is generally pricy.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not that I know of. All of using receivers with our PC have wished for ARC support for a long time and it's never been supported by NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel.

I don't know of anything that directly does what you want, but something that would let you do it would be an eARC SHARC. I got one of these because my receiver doesn't support 4k120 or properly support eARC and I wanted surround sound to it from my PC. You hook it in to the ARC/eARC port on your TV, and it spits out the audio over the HDMI out, the optical out, and the headphone out. You wouldn't be able to capture the audio on the HDMI out, but you could hook the optical, or analog, out into your PC and use that. So long as you are after stereo audio that would work well. It is the only device I'm aware of that will grab an eARC signal and re-route it.

Now if the audio isn't coming from the TV itself, if it is coming from another device that uses HDMI to send it to the TV you can do it cheaper with an HDMI audio extractor. Something like this one from Monoprice though there are plenty of others. They don't work with ARC though, you have to feed an HDMI signal through them, and they take the audio out.

Back